DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the last week in November - Is OTA coming Tuesday night or Wednesday for the west coast? . My money is on Thursday 5:17 AM EST for East Coast. I am soo excited. Dont let me down bro.

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
FWIW, I got an AT9 installed Saturday morning and I asked the installer if he has heard any rumors about OTA and he said he's hearing MARCH. I hope he's just out of the loop. :(

·
Icon
887 Posts
OK, let's look at this logically.

DirecTV has a piece of .... hardware that simply does not work properly. The CSRs know it, the honchos know it, the programmers know it.

Is the best thing to do at this moment to introduce an entirely new set of features that will no doubt bring an entirely new set of bugs?

But then again, given DirecTV's record....that might not be surprising.:lol:

With ALL due respect to Earl and the folks at DirecTV.....December 1? ........... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

·
Icon
530 Posts
mnassour said:
OK, let's look at this logically.

DirecTV has a piece of .... hardware that simply does not work properly. The CSRs know it, the honchos know it, the programmers know it.

Is the best thing to do at this moment to introduce an entirely new set of features that will no doubt bring an entirely new set of bugs?

But then again, given DirecTV's record....that might not be surprising.:lol:

With ALL due respect to Earl and the folks at DirecTV.....December 1? ........... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
While I am skeptical about the success with which OTA will be launched.....

It would be somewhat illogical to think that lo these many months that D* hasn't been testing OTA in conjunction with each new code release.

Surely they are not waiting til everything else works before they start looking at OTA.

So it's not like they will flip the toggle (Earl's word),and just hope it all works right.

Of course, logic and reason have not been synonymous with D*Plus DVRs....so who knows.

·
Legend
192 Posts
baimo said:
Its the last week in November - Is OTA coming Tuesday night or Wednesday for the west coast? . My money is on Thursday 5:17 AM EST for East Coast. I am soo excited. Dont let me down bro.
My guess is OTA tonight for the West Coast :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You are right... I won't tell... as there is nothing to tell at this point.

I know they are "close"... very close... You won't see ATSC tonight... but I still can't rule it out before December 1st.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Quick question I am sure it was covered somewhere but here goes will the HR20 only pick-up the HD OTA? Well now that I think about it probably only the digital channels.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
You are right... I won't tell... as there is nothing to tell at this point.

I know they are "close"... very close... You won't see ATSC tonight... but I still can't rule it out before December 1st.
I can wait until tomorrow night. I still need to run my OTA cable to my master bedroom for the 2nd HR20 :) hahahah

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
Little Bird says national OTA rollout Thurday morning after early - AM update....I'll believe it when I see it.
Yah... again.. as of this morning, no decision has been made.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I don't even care at this point. Without Closed Captioning working correctly, OTA is meaningless to me.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
g4jedi said:
I would rather see a software update provide STABILITY than OTA!!!
Well then you must have the Mpeg4 HD Locals. Some of us do not, that is why we want OTA turned on.

And I must say if the March rumor is true I think I'll be contacting D* to discuss termination. They can have the HR20 back; it really will not upset me.

·
Mentor
34 Posts
spivey said:
And I must say if the March rumor is true I think I'll be contacting D* to discuss termination. They can have the HR20 back; it really will not upset me.
I don't think I would go as far as terminating my contract if the OTA wasn't available until March, but I would definitely call D* and see about some sort of deal. I think I am one of the few people here that bought the unit expecting it to have OTA when I bought it (at least that is what the CSR told me when I purchased it). After I realized that it didn't I called them back up and they finally worked out something to make me happy to wait until December.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.