DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received word that EchoStar 7 is at 119w, preparing to go on line. I suspect it is accurate, since NASA has not updated the position for about 10 days now.

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Thanks John! David, you and Scott have gotten the same word. I'm looking at signal strengths and they all still look about the same as they did yesterday. Transponders 10 and 18 are relatively low, but they contain core programming.

There is another thread on the subject already.

See ya
Tony

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
From other thread TP 4 and 16. Not sure what if any programmming si there.

· Legend
104 Posts
I have a model 5000 receiver, how can I tell if the new sat is up and working? I am curious how everyone else here knows and can register signal strength on it.

thanks
garydw
new to the gang

· Banned
6,970 Posts
Not everyone will see ANYTHING different at the moment, as the spots are not turned on for many areas.

You may see however in the next few weeks a ZERO strength reading on a transponder if that spot transponder does not server your area. (We are not sure how the Dish Receivers will handle this issue, I know they have been doing software updates to all the receivers making them spot beam ready.)

· DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Dave, It's been doing that for a while the past week on just about every TP. The spot TPs are 1,3,5,7,9. They are also configured as such 1&3, 5&7, 9. The beams also don't overlap like the adjacent beams do on DTV-4S. So the most you will see locked are 2 of the spot TPs. Some will see 1&3, others 5&7, some 9, quite a few none. Though E7 has 15 spotbeams only 13 of them are directed towards CONUS locations.

· DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Canadians are kind of screwed on the spots. The only areas that have some signal reaching them are Vancouver/Victoria & Halifax. Even the beam that serves Detroit has been configured in such a way that those in Windsor will have problems.

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
I can't beleive that the spot would be so precise that the signal from the Detroit/GR spot wouldn't reach all of Winsor, On. We're talking the width of a winding river splitting Detroit and Windsor. I'd be willing to bet that the signal reaches the entire ontario penninsula. It would have to if the spot is going to reach Toledo.

We'll find out soon enough

See ya
Tony

· Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the link, Bryan.

Curious about one thing. EchoStar 8 was announced to have 16 spotbeams. I can only find 15 on your map. Did one get deleted?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.