DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
I didn't think they had a chance anyway (seems they never win cases that go to the Supreme Court). They don't a have a fundamental "right" to programming, and Justice Ginsberg agrees. Who are they taking to court next?

· Godfather
286 Posts
Well now they can get the YES Network because the money Charlie was willing to spend on Comcast could help defray the cost of getting the Yankees. CSN is also a very expensive channel.

G

·
Originally posted by John Corn
http://www.tvinsite.com/multichannelnews/index.asp?layout=story&doc_id=90164&display=breakingNews

EchoStar Can't Have Comcast SportsNet
A federal court Tuesday upheld a Federal Communications Commission ruling in 1999 that allowed Comcast Corp. to withhold Comcast SportsNet in Philadelphia from EchoStar Communications Corp.
It looks like cable will keep on beating Echostar like a redheaded stepchild for at least quite a few years more in the Philly Met Area.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
:( This is one thing that really erks me about Comcast and has pissed me off ever since I learned about CSN Philly.

· Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
I think it's because Comcast KNOWS they are nowhere near as good as Dish Network or DirecTV, so they are jealous. They use the CSN as payback of sorts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.