DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- EchoStar Communications fired Arthur Andersen LLP as its independent auditor and hired KPMG LLP as its replacement effective immediately, according to a document filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The company said the change is effective for itself and all of its consolidated subsidiaries, including EchoStar Broadband Corp. and EchoStar DBS Corp.

The move followed the company's decision to seek proposals from independent auditors to audit its financial statements for the fiscal year ending Dec. 31 , the filing said....

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/020605/200206051743000682_1.html

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
if E* is hiring them, anyone here know how shady this group of ************* (my mistake)bean counters are???

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
jjrcdr inquired:

"if E* is hiring them, anyone here know how shady this group of moneychangers are???"

It's 'bean-counters', and KPMG is a fine
accounting firm, just as Dish is an
excellent DBS provider. If you have a
specific gripe about either firm, please
state it, rather than tossing out cheap
shots.

Nickster :smoking:

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
well, after spending the last six years representing them, i think i have a firm grasp on how "excellent" these critters are..and anyone who climbs into bed with them may not have lice now, but they soon will have them...

if the merger goes thru, i guess they WILL be an excellent provider of dbs programming as they will be the ONLY provider of dbs programming(for all practical purposes-tho by the end of the summer, i will have made the switch to expressvue)

btw-cheap shots are what makes our country great!!!

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
"btw-cheap shots are what makes our country great!!!"

You are correct, Sir, of course, right
along with unfounded rumors and
wild-eyed speculation!

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
at least i'm from texas....

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
1,068 Posts
Having been a Big 5 employee for the past 10 years and not in the industry anymore, I think your generalization of the industry is somewhat off-base or second-hand.

Spending a great deal of time with them gives you the opportunity to see how talented a majority of them are in comparison to other companies. You can also get a great sense of how they provide value to companies and are worth the money. They attract top talent across the board. They have drive, experience and technical ability.

Where I agree with you is that they're a very sales-focused culture and that makes for problems with some relationships. They definitely did need a kick in the rear. Unfortunately, some very talented Andersen people outside of Houston are now out of work because of the mistakes of a group of bad apples.

P.S. I did not work for Andersen.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.