1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
:) I would love to be in "debt" $3.4 billion... and that be considered "great" position....

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
The company is on track to offer more than 150 HD channels nationally by fall 2007

Seems there is still much confusion on this issue.

·
Legend
124 Posts
Especially since

Rupert Murdoch and John C. Malone have settled their long-running corporate feud, as Mr. Murdoch's News Corporation agreed to buy out Mr. Malone's big stake in the company in exchange for a controlling stake in DirecTV, cash and other assets valued at $11 billion, according to people briefed on the transaction.

sorce
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/06/b...ab017c6477cea2&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

·
1960'S NOSTALGIA
213 Posts
Fl_Gulfer said:
Especially since

Rupert Murdoch and John C. Malone have settled their long-running corporate feud, as Mr. Murdoch's News Corporation agreed to buy out Mr. Malone's big stake in the company in exchange for a controlling stake in DirecTV, cash and other assets valued at $11 billion, according to people briefed on the transaction.

sorce
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/06/b...ab017c6477cea2&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
Since Liberty Media owns STARZ media, maybe we can get STARZ HD next year on Directv....hmmm.....

·
Icon
965 Posts
I am sure we will have it next year. It has to be one of the 150!

Seriously though, I just had installed a HD DVR from Charter to go along with my Directv programming and Starz is a terrific HD channel. Once we have those 150 HD nationals, I will downgrade the cable to just local basic.

·
Legend
125 Posts
MikeR7 said:
I am sure we will have it next year. It has to be one of the 150!

Seriously though, I just had installed a HD DVR from Charter to go along with my Directv programming and Starz is a terrific HD channel. Once we have those 150 HD nationals, I will downgrade the cable to just local basic.
Along with QVC HD lol:D

·
Legend
124 Posts
They are saying we will have 40 National HD channels next year.

New York, NY (November 29, 2006) -- DIRECTV will offer more than 40 High-Definition TV channels by next summer, according to David Hill, the satcaster's entertainment president.

In an interview with TVPredictions.com, Hill was probed for how many high-def channels DIRECTV would provide when its two new satellites were operational in mid-2007.

Would it be 40?, Hill was asked.

"Oh, more than that," he said. However, Hill refused to give a more specific number.

DIRECTV next year is scheduled to launch two satellites designed to increase its national HDTV channel capacity to 150. The satcaster now offers fewer than 10 national high-def networks.

In a keynote speech at the HD World Conference and Exposition in New York, Hill said the two satellites would be ready in "mid-2007."

·
Legend
124 Posts
For one thing there isn't 40 HD National channels out there to get. And they said they wouldn't bother with the Voom channels, so whats that leave about 20 channels?

·
Legend
124 Posts
This is the list of the National HD Channels

Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Food Network HD
HBO HDTV
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HGTV HD