DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think this article just reinterates on how actively DirectTV and Echostar are working together on trying to make this merger happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And this is exactly why this merger should be approved. Cable companies have raped their customers for money for far too long.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you haven't looked, go the Hughes homepage I have listed above, they have a very impressive presentation there. :)
Click on your state and take a look at each individual presentation.

Neilster, Thanks for the contribution, its helps keeps us going. I've enjoyed having you hangout with us. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey remember nearly a year ago when my crystall ball predicted this development? Dan C over at the other place said never happen, called it boosterism and generally trashed me and the idea? Shortly thereafter I was lifetime banned.
As I said THEN, full carriage of locals would loose $ big time in small DMAs, but have so many advantages, including marketing wise and getting the merger approved.

The merger is a done deal now, the rural legislators will eat this up, because its the ONLY way to get LIL to everyone.

I am happy about this announcement and was surprised it took so long to become public knowledge.

I feel really bad for the small dealers who are going to loose it all because of the merger. Stuff like this is a big reason I quit being a dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DBS needs the merger in order to survive. If the merger isnt approved, then you'll see both Dish and DirecTV going under in less than 10 years from now, IMHO. As much as I am a cable subscriber, I am rooting for the merger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I missed it, but why would this kill the small guy? I would think that this would create more opportunities, especially in the more remote areas..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brian, excellent thought, Thats a whole new question you should post. :)
Can these companies survive if this merger is not approved?
I don't think so.

Really....After todays announcement,IMO.....This is a done deal. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, everyone.

Bob, I hope you are well.

I want to clarify Bob's statement about his prediction. Sure, one can claim to offer all local channels to all 210 DMA's.

The original prediction was that the New Echostar would offer all locals to all DMA's, and that action would make merger approval a walkover.

We have yet to see the second half of the prediction.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greg, I am doing great, current weight 189. FEEL WONDERFUL! Diabetes gone, see the potporri forum.

Well my prediction on 100% LIL came true. The second half is a given. I will leave the net permanetely if its not approved. RURAL legislators will offer this up as the ONLY way to get their locals up! That is TRUE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.