DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Manical1, I'm going to stick this post up for the rest of the day.

LOS ANGELES -- After marathon talks that went down to the wire, EchoStar Communications Corp. Tuesday said it reached an agreement to continue broadcasting Fox Network owned and operated stations in 21 cities.

A spokesman for EchoStar said the negotiations, which ended just before the 1 a.m. Pacific time deadline, ended with a "multiyear agreement" to continue beaming those stations to viewers in Los Angeles , Denver , Philadelphia , Atlanta and other cities. EchoStar had threatened to cut off the stations after a three- year pact was set to expire early Tuesday morning.

Other details of the new agreement weren't immediately available.

The talks had been closely watched by Wall Street analysts and others as an indication of the willingness of News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch, who controls the Fox Network, to continue working with EchoStar Chairman Charlie Ergen. The two media moguls had a falling out after EchoStar bested News Corp. last year in a bitter battle to take over Hughes Electronics Corp.

Rest Of The Story

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you did, I apologize to.
I didn't notice it, and when I did read it , I thought I would stick it out in the open, since there was 2 or 3 threads going on regarding it.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
MASH is moving-----to the Hallmark channel. But FX ws never in play

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.