DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't the channel logo, or some more information be provided when editing the channels I receive or favorites list? Seeing only the channel # and a 4 character code doesn't always help when performing this edit function. Logos are available on the unit, there's plenty of space on these edit screens, why not display the logos?

· Icon
895 Posts
I think Hughes receivers do that, but DirecTV decided not to include that feature in the current GUI. I don't think something like that would be fixed with the current GUI, but maybe with the next one. There is a lot of possibilities with the new GUI :).

· Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
I thought that it did. I remember seeing logos when I set up my favorites lists. It may not have been for every channel, and it took a second for the channel logo to appear, but I do remember seeing them. Of course, it's been a few months since I've set up my lists, so that feature may have gone away with later releases of the R15 s/w.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appears I've lost the ability to edit my favorites today. I was in there yesterday and it was working fine but today if I select either of the Custom lists I never get the actual channel selection screen presented. Guess I won't edit favorites until the next RBR.

· Cool Member
27 Posts
When I bring up the guide on my R-15's, you get a list of favorite channels: All Channels, Kids And Family, Sports and Events, ect. How would I make my own list of favorite channels? The manual leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance.

· Godfather
267 Posts
The custom guide needs other improvements.

In my old Sony B55, I had a custom guide setup that only included the channels I watched frequently, which did not include PPV, Sports or any Premium channels

But when I wanted to look at what was on PPV, I just selected that option and they were displayed, regardless of my custom settings.

In this receiver, I have to go back in and reset back to ALL channels to see the PPV. They should include options that override your preferences.

· Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
Snopple said:
When I bring up the guide on my R-15's, you get a list of favorite channels: All Channels, Kids And Family, Sports and Events, ect. How would I make my own list of favorite channels? The manual leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance.
I think it's menu/settings/setup/favorites.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it's menu->favorites->edit settings.

But don't confuse the "filters" that are available after pressing GUIDE with favorites. You can setup to channel favorite lists and save them and then set your channels viewed in the guide to either of those two favorite lists.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.