DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Aug 1st Fox Changed (San Diego area) from Channel 6 (XETV) to 69 (KSWB) now I see my Fox recordings (like Family Guy) are not being recorded.
When I go in to the Prioritizer i see Family Guy - none scheduled. If I click on the Series Link I see the header says" Shows on THIS channel" How do I edit the series link to record on a different channel? and why doesn't it (or where does it) show me the Channel being recorded?

Thanks

· Godfather
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to delete the series link and set it up for the new channel. Series links are done by channel numbers.
I thought would be an easier way to Edit rather than Delete and re-create. Oh well. Thanks for the help.
Is this is a wish list item? How hard would it be to edit the channel number?

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Won't happen until they list the channel number for a SL, which they don't do at this time.

- Merg

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
bonscott87 said:
I'm unaware of any DVR where you can edit the channel number of a series link/season pass. Even a Tivo can't do this. Delete and recreate.
TiVo doesn't allow a user to modify the channel, however if the guide data is accurate on the move the TiVo will do it when re-indexing. Everytime my old Series2 Stand alone got a channel update it had a message "Any Season Pass on the channels that moved will be automaticly updated."

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
DVDKingdom said:
TiVo doesn't allow a user to modify the channel, however if the guide data is accurate on the move the TiVo will do it when re-indexing. Everytime my old Series2 Stand alone got a channel update it had a message "Any Season Pass on the channels that moved will be automaticly updated."
Same thing happens on the HR2x series as well, like when they moved some channels around earlier this year. I'm guessing that this local didn't get moved in the same way in the guide data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.