DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded to the Hopper system and before the change I copied all my DVR content to an external hard drive.

Now when i connect it to the hopper it gives me an error something about that it was from another system and needs to be formatted. I obviously don't want to format it.

Dish support opened a ticket but not much else has been done.

From my previous research i thought this should work no problem, any ideas?

thank you

914 Posts
Please provide the error message number (787?) so I can assist you further. Please let me know. Thanks.

torino420 said:
I recently upgraded to the Hopper system and before the change I copied all my DVR content to an external hard drive.

Now when i connect it to the hopper it gives me an error something about that it was from another system and needs to be formatted. I obviously don't want to format it.

Dish support opened a ticket but not much else has been done.

From my previous research i thought this should work no problem, any ideas?

thank you

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ray [email protected] Network said:
Please provide the error message number (787?) so I can assist you further. Please let me know. Thanks.
I called my wife and had her try to access the drive, here is the message.

"Warning 866

The attached usb storage device is currently configured for use with another dish network account. USB storage devices may only be used with one account at a time. To use this device with this receiver all existing archived events will be deleted.

YES/NO"

thanks Ray

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
You should just need a rehit to your box.

·
3 Posts
I've had same exact problem as torino420 since we got the Hopper in April. Tried rehits, repower, etc. and nothing seems to work. Keep being told problem should be fixed in next update. Well four updates later....

Let me know if the rehit with EHD enable command worked. Its been a while since I did rehits that I cannot remember it I had them do it that way or not.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
torino420 said:
apparently not because mine doesn't.
Did you talk to Ray (send him a PM)?

I moved my programming over from a 622 to a Hopper, so I know it is possible. But the units have to be on the same account. It is possible that somehow the "household code" DISH uses to identify EHDs got messed up when your Hopper was authorized. Ray may be able to help.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
djlong said:
I moved an EHD from a 621 to a Hopper on Saturday and have had NO trouble with it - either watching programming from it or copying programs to the Hopper's internal drive.
You either mean a 612 or a 622, there is no Dish receiver listed as a 621.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.