DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked by my daughters room tonight,and heard a buzzing noise. when I went to investigate,I found it coming from the HR20 which has been off all day. The unit was hot to touch, turned it on and it worked.I checked internal temp.,it was a whopping 127 degrees.I unplugged unit thought it might be a bad power supply.Called D*,they are going to send me a new unit.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
127 is the normal temperature...

But the buzzing is not normal...

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
127 is the normal temperature...

But the buzzing is not normal...
My other HR20 is in a cabinet (vent in back,glass door in front),and the hottest temp was 124,my daughters is on an open shelf alot more ventilation

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
Mine also coasts along at a balmy 127 or so... I take that back, I just checked it as I was typing this (downloaded the new 0x108 if that has anything to do with it) and it's down to a chilly 120. I saw a thread earlier about the temp droping, was there anything to that from D*?

·
Legend
214 Posts
CousCous said:
When it buzzes try pressing down on top and see if it stops.

Mine does that too, but it's because the case is a little loose or something.
Same here, happened twice in the middle of the night/morning one day. Woke me up out my sleep:( . Pushed on the frt rt corner (as I'm facing unit) a few times and it went away. Hasn't happened again though:)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Had this problem start a couple weeks ago. Try putting some pieces of felt or even cut-up pieces of paper towel under the front feet. It's a vibration in the case.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Had this problem start a couple weeks ago. Try putting some pieces of felt or even cut-up pieces of paper towel under the front feet. It's a vibration in the case.
That worked for me for a few weeks - Then it started again - A piece of rolled up napkin in the access card slot had done the trick for now - as in my case as well as a few others it is the access card that is vibrating.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
grate88 said:
That worked for me for a few weeks - Then it started again - A piece of rolled up napkin in the access card slot had done the trick for now - as in my case as well as a few others it is the access card that is vibrating.
Definitely heard of other people with buzzy access cards. For some it's that, and for some it seems to be the top of the case.

Apparently you can also buy vibration-control feet at Home Depot. It's been suggested to me but as my $0 solution is still working, it's not a priority.

At any rate I recommend to the OP that you try both methods (something under the feet and something by the access card) and do what works for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.