DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 304 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In honor of the "King's" birthday.
There is a two night opportunity to get the next release candidate for the HR20.

Since there is thing silly little Football game going on.
The release will be out there for you to obtain during the two following windows:

Monday January 8th: 11PM - 1:30AM EST (8PM - 10:30PM PST)
Tuesday January 9th: 11PM - 1:30AM EST (8PM - 10:30PM PST).

-------------------------------
staggered rollouts are there for a reason... as much as they are confident about the release, they need to limit the impact of any unexpected issues.

Before downloading this Release Candidate, you MUST agree to to the below statements... before you force the download.

If you do attempt to get to get this version; then you assume all the risks with this software version.

You will report any issues with the release to the forum, in the appropriate threads. When reporting those issues, please provide as much detail as possible.

You will NOT CALL the DirecTV service center, if you are having a problem. Come back here, and report the problem. The CSR tier will not have the information about this release in their system.

I can not stress it enough: If you force download, DO NOT CALL the call center if you are having problems.

And if it things get to a point that you can "live" with it, do another forced update to revert back to the previous national version.

So to get the update:
During one of the two above stated windows; you may be able to get the release candidate by the 02468 method.

- Restart your system via either the Red-Button or Reset from the Menu (NOT RESET EVERYTHING)
- When the first blue screen appears, and the wheel starts to rotate... enter 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote
- You will then see a 2nd blue screen with a message...
- Then if it worked, you will see NEW SOFTWARE screen and it should state the version number you are downloading
- If it goes directly to Step 1 of 2... the reset didn't take.. try again

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
During these release windows...

I will be hanging out in the Chat room.

Come and discuss the release, and to get up to the second assistance in getting the update. http://chat.dbstalk.com

Also...

Today is a very busy day on the server. Between this and CES
So it may slow down, or may stop responding.

If you try a few times... just "take a brake" and check back later...
Thanks for understanding..

· Registered
4,690 Posts
Any release notes yet?

jbellanca beat me to it!

Okay, is a Windows screensaver included? :D

· Legend
107 Posts
Thanks Earl! Looking forward to providing feedback!

· Godfather
314 Posts
OK, I just got a text message from Earl (thanks for that thread!!) :D and got a little crazy. My wife has never seen me so excited, she thought I was freaking about the game (go Buckeyes :hurah: ) . Worse part is, she was hosting "Girls Night" at my house and I think I disrupted their Sex and the City :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,690 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Thanks Earl...But "Elvis" B-Day. I haven't checked the new naming thread for a couple of days, but Elvis. Is that the best we could come up with.;) :D
It's topical at least

· Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
My, my, Earl. I'm beginning to believe all the "superman" tales I've been reading about you! And you say it's really a lot of people at D*. How modest!!

Really, many thanks for what you do and the fine folks at D* who insist on surprising all the nay-sayers out there. No way to say they aren't trying. And it is truly amazing that a corporation of that size actually cares -- even if it is all about their bottom line. I'll be there tonight after the game.

· Godfather
314 Posts
HDTVsportsfan said:
Thanks Earl...But "Elvis" B-Day. I haven't checked the new naming thread for a couple of days, but Elvis. Is that the best we could come up with.;) :D
How about in honor of a Buckeyes victory?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ajwillys said:
How about in honor of a Buckeyes victory?
Too early to call that yet..

· Icon
770 Posts
Earl, your link to the Version 0x114 (01/08/2007): Discussion Thread take you to the 0x10b discussion thread.

P.S. "Staggard" is spelled staggered!

· Godfather
370 Posts
Fixes:
Black screen on playback of a recording
Sporadic "Do You want to Delete?" on playback of a recording

THANK GOD - I was thinking my wife may kill me tonight, she lost 3 shows - NOT happy.

Improvements
Improved guide rendering speed

Is it safe to assume this is a reduction in the animation they used to open the window/menus. That would speed up the unit, especially in high demand like multiple recordings.

· Registered
4,690 Posts
I cheer for anyone that plays OSU. Go Blue!

· Cool Member
14 Posts
This is probably a silly question, but what if someone reboots for any reason during the window (power failure, RBR, etc). and their DVR checks for an update. Wouldn't they get this upgrade without knowing it's an early release candidate?

Just curious.

1 - 20 of 304 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.