DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I subscribe to many threads here to receive instant notification via email when new posts are added, and up until today everything was working fine. Starting today, though, I'm getting email out of order or just plain late.

Out of Order Example: The thread shows the posts A, B, C, D, and E, but the email comes in B, A, C, E, D. They don't seem to be delivered by the order of posting, but are in a random order.

Late Delivery: Some messages are being delivered to my Inbox several hours after the original posts were made in the forum.

This could be a problem with my mail provider, of course, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone else is seeing it. I prefer not to publicize my mail provider, but will answer in PM if needed...

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
My only guess is that the service we use tries to send the mail to your provider and it can not connect, so it re-queues it and thus you get it at a different time. I would not think it is us as we use one of the largest email sending providers... https://mandrill.com/ So maybe Yahoo is having an issue on the sever your account it on or something (or if you forward it from there to somewhere else.)

If you look at your email headers you can see when Mandrill received the mail from our server...(Read from the bottom up)

Received: from [72.9.159.119] by mandrillapp.com The IP address is the DBSTalk server.

Then you will need to know your SMTP server receiving name or IP to see when it was received from Mandrill. Looking 5 emails from DBSTalk, I see them all received from my SMTP server within 2 mins from the time it left DBSTalk.

ADDED....

I posted this at 11:34 (MST) and looking at the Mandrill logs, it went out to you an was accepted for delivery within 15 seconds by your provider.

BTW...Sorry for the late reply. Maybe you no longer have the issue as maybe something was fixed or whatever.

·
In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09
3,808 Posts
I sometimes don't even get email updates. And my DBStalk app by Android has a tendency to update me really late as well.

I just chalked it up to the large amount of notifications that must need to go out constantly.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
Drew-

This may help, or may not be your cuppa. I have only a couple of e-mail notices, but have a URL bookmarked that brings up followed threads. Then it's real easy to see all the threads in which I have already participated, and it doesn't flood my e-mail.

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

Above is the URL I use, which a fellow DBSTalker posted some time ago. Credit not given, as I have forgotten who.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Laxguy said:
Drew-

This may help, or may not be your cuppa. I have only a couple of e-mail notices, but have a URL bookmarked that brings up followed threads. Then it's real easy to see all the threads in which I have already participated, and it doesn't flood my e-mail.

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=followed

Above is the URL I use, which a fellow DBSTalker posted some time ago. Credit not given, as I have forgotten who.
Thanks. I have actually been using that as my bookmark for the site for quite a while, and use that when I have the time to visit here and interact. However, when I'm at work I use my email notifications to passively keep track of what's happening here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.