DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Legend
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this in anticipation of the aug 1st enc hd release. I noticed it doesn't have the wham channel or enc E.. Is this correct?... Not really can be called the encore pack can it?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
I was under the impression that the only way that the Encore package could only be obtained in the AT top 250 or higher.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Huh, that is interesting, cool they are probably worth 5 bucks.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Encore East is only included with the stars pac. Don't know about the wham channel I know it is included with ATT 250 because that is how I have it.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
If it is the east coast feed you will need the starz pack to receive the HD mirrior of it. If Encore W will have an HD feed you should get it subbed to this package.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
769 Posts
i have dishHD absolute and in my programming page in the online acct I have the option to add this; it doens't say "encore pack", just "encore". I had that channel w/ cable and I did like it, but I'm not paying $5 for it. I'm thinking about adding the starz superpak; i have hbo so I think its only $7 more to add it.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,189 Posts
Speaking of Starz/Encore, I watched the free preview of Stars a few weeks ago, every movie I watched was distributed by Disney. Does Disney own Starz or does Starz have an exclusive on Buena Vista distributed films?
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
Conway said:
I ordered this in anticipation of the aug 1st enc hd release. I noticed it doesn't have the wham channel or enc E.. Is this correct?... Not really can be called the encore pack can it?
You have to subscribe to AT 250 and STARZ to get WAM!
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
Michael P said:
Speaking of Starz/Encore, I watched the free preview of Stars a few weeks ago, every movie I watched was distributed by Disney. Does Disney own Starz or does Starz have an exclusive on Buena Vista distributed films?
STARZ is owned by Liberty Media and have contracts mainly with Sony Columbia, Disney and others. ENCORE airs movies from the 80's up to today. It's a great service. I'm looking forward to ENCORE EAST in HD.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,837 Posts
Capt'Crunch;1684446 said:
You do not have to have the Starz pack to get WAM. I have the AT250 and I get WAM.
me too
 

· Icon
Joined
·
643 Posts
The Encore HD has been uplinked with a map down of "340".

This indicates that it will only be available (on Aug. 1) to Starz package subscribers, just like Encore-E at 340 is only available to Starz subscribers.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
15,556 Posts
Way back when the Starz/Encore deal was consumated with Dish, the "Encore Movie Pak" consisted of the west feed of Encore, Love Stories, Mystery, Action, True Stories, and WAM! America's Kidz Network. This was to be included in the then Top 150 which is now the 250. The "Starz Encore Super Pak" consisted of STARZ! (east and west), Encore (east), STARZ! Theater, Westerns, BET Movies/STARZ!, STARZ! Family, and STARZ! Cinema (east and west).

The Starz package now includes Starz InBlack, Starz Cinema (East), Encore (East to be in HD), Starz Comedy (to be in HD), Starz (East, also in HD), Starz Kids & Family (to be in HD), Starz (West to be in HD), and Starz Edge (to be in HD).

The Encore package that's included with the Top 250 includes Encore (West), Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Mysteries, Encore WAM, and
Encore Westerns. None of these are scheduled to be HD in August. I did not know these were available as a package other than part of the Top 250.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
phrelin said:
Way back when the Starz/Encore deal was consumated with Dish, the "Encore Movie Pak" consisted of the west feed of Encore, Love Stories, Mystery, Action, True Stories, and WAM! America's Kidz Network. This was to be included in the then Top 150 which is now the 250. The "Starz Encore Super Pak" consisted of STARZ! (east and west), Encore (east), STARZ! Theater, Westerns, BET Movies/STARZ!, STARZ! Family, and STARZ! Cinema (east and west).

The Starz package now includes Starz InBlack, Starz Cinema (East), Encore (East to be in HD), Starz Comedy (to be in HD), Starz (East, also in HD), Starz Kids & Family (to be in HD), Starz (West to be in HD), and Starz Edge (to be in HD).

The Encore package that's included with the Top 250 includes Encore (West), Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Mysteries, Encore WAM, and
Encore Westerns. None of these are scheduled to be HD in August. I did not know these were available as a package other than part of the Top 250.
You have to ask for the ENCORE PAK by E-mail if you don't have AT 250.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
15,556 Posts
Paul Secic said:
You have to ask for the ENCORE PAK by E-mail if you don't have AT 250.
Thanks, didn't know that.

For me, if I really want them I might as well pay the extra $5.01 and go to the AT250. I'd pick up a bunch of stuff my 5-year-old granddaughter wants to watch when she's here, plus Bloomberg, Biography, the Fox Movie Channel, the Hallmark Movie Channel, the National Geographic Channel, VH-1 Classic, etc. I don't miss any of these nor the Encore Pak.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,220 Posts
phrelin said:
Thanks, didn't know that.

For me, if I really want them I might as well pay the extra $5.01 and go to the AT250. I'd pick up a bunch of stuff my 5-year-old granddaughter wants to watch when she's here, plus Bloomberg, Biography, the Fox Movie Channel, the Hallmark Movie Channel, the National Geographic Channel, VH-1 Classic, etc. I don't miss any of these nor the Encore Pak.
AT 250 is my favorite package because as you said it two channels of the Movie Channel in SD.. By next year they should be in HD.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top