DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Looks strikingly similar the old now to be defunct SELECT package... Select had History International (H2) where Entertainment doesnt. Other than the addition of some God channels SELECT didnt have, it looks pretty similar...just $10 a month more :)

CHOICE EXTRA looks to be dropping 5+ channels from Choice Extra Classic too.

716 Posts
No Science Channel ?
No VH1 Classic ?
No 3net 3d ?
No WGN HD ?
No Biography HD ?

No package change for me. I think I watch the Science Channel about as much as everything else on Directv combined !

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
I watch programming on the following omitted channels:

No Biography Channel...
No Boomerang...
No Centric...
No Chiller...
No Cooking Channel...
No DIY...
No Discovery Fit & Health...
No Fox Movie Channel...
No GAC...
No IFC...
No NickToons...
No Oxygen...
No Science Channel...
No The Hub...
No WGN American...

Some of them would be EASY (BIO, Centric, Chiller, Discovery Fit & Health, IFC, Oxygen, WGN America) to give up. Others (Boomerang, FMC, NickToons, The Hub), not so... but the channels in RED are required. :mad:

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~Who was really hoping for a cool package...

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Yea, not very entertaining is it? Wonder if they got rid of ESPN's if they could add all those on your list? Probably. To bad ESPN forces them to carry it on every package or none.

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
Davenlr said:
Yea, not very entertaining is it? Wonder if they got rid of ESPN's if they could add all those on your list? Probably. To bad ESPN forces them to carry it on every package or none.
Though none of them would add up to the amount ESPN charges, I can find multiple channels I'd swap out in place of ESPN.

That being said, ESPN would be the most logical, and I'd certainly prefer to have the omitted channels I listed over ESPN... three or five of them anyway.

~Alan

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
jamieh1 said:
It says requires HD equipment, that means HD ACCESS $10.
Oh... I got it. It means there are HD channels in every package if you have HD Access. I misunderstood what they were getting at. I was assuming this was another FREE HD FOR LIFE situation.

~Alan

·
Chancellor
9,094 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
Some of them would be EASY (BIO, Centric, Chiller, Discovery Fit & Health, IFC, Oxygen, WGN America) to give up. Others (Boomerang, FMC, NickToons, The Hub), not so... but the channels in RED are required. :mad:
HERE is MY package:

I thought about crossing out a couple more and replacing them with some more from my list of omitted channels, but decided against it.

~Alan

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Other than premiums and Networks, the only channels on my custom guide are:

ESPN(s)
BIG 10
TNT
AMC
Audience
FX
HDNET
TBS
USA
CNN
SyFy
A&E
WGN

Kids Custom Guide has these:

SProut
Boomerang
Nike
Nikw
NikJr
CartoonHD
Cartoonw

That's it. Give me a package with just those and I'm golden (and would consider dumping some of the kids channels)

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
mavs-fan said:
What are they? We know about Cloo and Sprout, but what else is moving to Choice Ultimate (for new customers on 2/9)?
No idea, but on DirecTv's website, it currently lists Choice Extra as 210+ channels, and the ad posted on the other site, showed the new one as 205 channels. We know Nat Geo is moving TO it, so that means 6 are leaving if that math holds up. Might be music channels tho, since they seem to be included in the "channel count".

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.