DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scanned ahead in the guide today and noticed that my shows for next week all show up as starting one hour later than they're supposed to. For example, House starts at 9pm, and Boston Legal starts at 10pm (I'm in the central timezone). I'm guessing this has something to do with the daylight savings time change coming up this weekend.

Do I need to worry? Will the schedule automatically adjust itself in time?

·
Godfather
367 Posts
This happens twice a year when the time changes.. So far I have never had any problems with timers screwing up.. But then I have never had a time scheduled to fire at 2am Sunday morning when the time actually changes so there could be a problem at that moment.. But beyond that I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Legend
190 Posts
I just noticed this and thought "when did both Jericho and Lost get moved an hour?" I thought maybe there was a presidential address or something on earlier that night. I then noticed all shows starting after the time change were off.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
skyviewmark1 said:
This happens twice a year when the time changes.. So far I have never had any problems with timers screwing up.. But then I have never had a time scheduled to fire at 2am Sunday morning when the time actually changes so there could be a problem at that moment.. But beyond that I wouldn't worry about it.
They use to make all kinds of mistakes on this, but have done better in the last few years. They typically also do a software upgrade just for this, we'll have to see if one is coming.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
DISH continues to do an exceptionally poor job with DST. NBR will repair most of the issues. If you have a Time based DVR (like my 508), any NEW timer created from the Guide, Search, ... beween now and Sunday for a show after Saturday will screw up. DISH has NEVER done DST right that doesn't screw something up. If you already have the timer set, you are OK. If you create a manual timer now for something that says "Digital Service", you can't use next Monday's time in the Guide for the SD local channel - you have to know to subtract the hour and record at 8PM, not the 9PM shown.

From my perspective, DISH hasn't ever done a thing to improve DST! If I look at the Guide for next week on a 508, it shows recording symbols for shows that won't record and no symbols on some that will record. It is going to record 8-9PM regardless of what show is on, and the guide will adjust by an hour by the time that recording fires. The improvement comes largely from more NBR DVRs where if I set a timer for Boston Legal today, it happens to show 11PM in the guide right now, but the timer is for "Boston Legal", not for 11PM (as a Time based DVR does).

·
Godfather
495 Posts
CABill said:
If you have a Time based DVR (like my 508), any NEW timer created from the Guide, Search, ... beween now and Sunday for a show after Saturday will screw up.
I have a 508, so thanks for the heads-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.