DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the [email protected] package on my Dish account, so I went to EpixHD to sign in and try and set it up on my Roku. There was a message on the site that says "You may not have access to view content. To upgrade your programming, click here or CHAT with a DISH Network Agent." I tried a chat with Dish and they said I need the Epix package, even though on the Epix site it says "A subscription to BLOCKBUSTER @ Home or The EPIX Package includes access to EPIX, EPIX 2, EPIX 3 on TV and thousands of EPIX movies streaming to your computer or internet-connected devices (i.e., tablets, smart phones, game consoles, and streaming media players like Roku). Plus, subscribers get access to EPIX On Demand with select equipment."

So I sent an email to Epix and they confirmed that as long as I can watch the Epix channels on my TV, which I can, I should be able to use EpixHD.com.

Who is correct in this situation? I just became a Dish subscriber, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The Dish rep insisted I need to add the Epix package.

Thanks,
Ken
 
Joined
·
263 Posts
kncrvl said:
I have the [email protected] package on my Dish account, so I went to EpixHD to sign in and try and set it up on my Roku. There was a message on the site that says "You may not have access to view content. To upgrade your programming, click here or CHAT with a DISH Network Agent." I tried a chat with Dish and they said I need the Epix package, even though on the Epix site it says "A subscription to BLOCKBUSTER @ Home or The EPIX Package includes access to EPIX, EPIX 2, EPIX 3 on TV and thousands of EPIX movies streaming to your computer or internet-connected devices (i.e., tablets, smart phones, game consoles, and streaming media players like Roku). Plus, subscribers get access to EPIX On Demand with select equipment."

So I sent an email to Epix and they confirmed that as long as I can watch the Epix channels on my TV, which I can, I should be able to use EpixHD.com.

Who is correct in this situation? I just became a Dish subscriber, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The Dish rep insisted I need to add the Epix package.

Thanks,
Ken
If you subscribe to Blockbuster @Home you can access the content through the Roku. If you are having issues getting this set up, please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Correct, I have Blockbuster and the Epix channels play fine on my Roku. Roku tech support has been very responsive to me - havent had to contact them but a couple of times in two years. My experience is that periodically the Epix channel app on the Roku will not function, not often. However, I got a prompt response from Roku and the issue rectifed immediately.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,226 Posts
kncrvl said:
I have the [email protected] package on my Dish account, so I went to EpixHD to sign in and try and set it up on my Roku. There was a message on the site that says "You may not have access to view content. To upgrade your programming, click here or CHAT with a DISH Network Agent." I tried a chat with Dish and they said I need the Epix package, even though on the Epix site it says "A subscription to BLOCKBUSTER @ Home or The EPIX Package includes access to EPIX, EPIX 2, EPIX 3 on TV and thousands of EPIX movies streaming to your computer or internet-connected devices (i.e., tablets, smart phones, game consoles, and streaming media players like Roku). Plus, subscribers get access to EPIX On Demand with select equipment."

So I sent an email to Epix and they confirmed that as long as I can watch the Epix channels on my TV, which I can, I should be able to use EpixHD.com.

Who is correct in this situation? I just became a Dish subscriber, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. The Dish rep insisted I need to add the Epix package.

Thanks,
Ken
EPIX is as good as HBO IMHO.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We were able to get this resolved the other day. There was an issue because I have some promo deals on my account since I'm new.

Thanks to RaymondG for the help on this.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
359 Posts
Any final result?
I'm having the exact same problem (I was able to start a 14 day free trial though). Blockbuster/Dish isn't recognizing that I can get DVDs either.

Acct was started yesterday and the TV channels come in fine her-but online it's like I haven't subscribed (except in the billing that is LOL)
 
Joined
·
263 Posts
CeeWoo said:
Any final result?
I'm having the exact same problem (I was able to start a 14 day free trial though). Blockbuster/Dish isn't recognizing that I can get DVDs either.

Acct was started yesterday and the TV channels come in fine her-but online it's like I haven't subscribed (except in the billing that is LOL)
I was able to correct this issue for the OP. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can review what is occurring and assist you with this further. Thank you!
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
359 Posts
[email protected] Network said:
I was able to correct this issue for the OP. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can review what is occurring and assist you with this further. Thank you!
Thank You Raymond...You've been a big help and this morning it appears we're all set and running correctly!!!:D

You DIRT guys are almost like superheroes or something :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top