DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,910 Posts
I don't believe they allow self-installs for the dish/initial installation. You won't even find a dish at your local big box retailer, you'd have to go through the web or a specialty retailer.

That said, the best time to schedule an install is early in the morning so that you're the first job - less likely to be backed-up, canceled, etc.

Edit: Just noticed your location - if that's Canada, I see why you want to do a self-install, but that's definitely not in the cards.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
mrlaidback247 said:
Yes i am in Canada but i have a condo in the Desert. Which I am there a lot however it does make scheduling a bit difficult when my main residence is a good 21 hours drive.
Right, well, never hurts to try I guess, but everything I've read around here has said that self-installs are impossible. I'd schedule it for the next time you're down there, again, early in the morning.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Right, well, never hurts to try I guess, but everything I've read around here has said that self-installs are impossible. I'd schedule it for the next time you're down there, again, early in the morning.
I don't know what their current policy is, but in Spring of 2006, when I set up a new account at my mountain location, I bought the AU9-S Slimline dish online, the H20-600 receiver at BB or CC, and installed them myself.

I called them up with a picture on the screen, told them I wanted to open a new account, and 10 or 15 minutes later I was watching TV. I don't recall mentioning it was an additional account. They took my CC #, the receiver info #'s, the access card #, and that was pretty much it. I even got the 3 months free HBO, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.