DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two legacy dual LNB's, one on 119 and the other on 61.5. They are combined with 2 diseqc's and then to a 4 output multiswitch. 119 is on diseqc port 1 and 61.5 is on port 2.

My problem is only with the vertical TP's on 61.5. The signal drops every second or so to zero and the channels are unwatchable, both SD and HD. All other TP's on both sats work fine. Any idea what's causing this problem?

·
Legend
171 Posts
jampedro said:
I have two legacy dual LNB's, one on 119 and the other on 61.5. They are combined with 2 diseqc's and then to a 4 output multiswitch. 119 is on diseqc port 1 and 61.5 is on port 2.

My problem is only with the vertical TP's on 61.5. The signal drops every second or so to zero and the channels are unwatchable, both SD and HD. All other TP's on both sats work fine. Any idea what's causing this problem?
In all probability the LNB is flaking out. You need to find a replacement LNB for your setup.

·
Legend
171 Posts
jampedro said:
No, I checked out the LNB and it's good. Any other leads?
How did you determine the "LNB is Good"?

If you're losing signal, or have erratic signal, then the LNB is bad!

I went through this a year or two ago and the problem was only corrected after replacing the LNB.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
6,526 Posts
Since 7/21/08, I get loss of signal on the even numbered transponders at 119. Also no signal on TPs 7 and 9. The loss occurs at night and sometimes the signal returns at midday. I checked here to see if anyone else is having this problem. Does this also sound like an LNB failure?

·
5 Posts
I experienced the same issue for a few days, replacing some wiring and the lnb until I tried and then found out that it was my diseqc. This caused an issue to my other receiver which had a good disec. If you have a spare one you could try it. By the way if you are going to try this, make sure that your receiver's are powered off, else you could burn the new diseqc.

·
Legend
171 Posts
I'm basing my diagnosis on his statement that he has signal fluctuation on all vertical TPs. He doesn't say anything about only one or two TPs, nor does he indicate it's only at certain times of the day.

I have only had this experience twice in the past 20 years with my satellite dishes, but in both cases removal of the old LNB and replacing it with a new LNB corrected the problem.

I did have a case with a couple of radars where the TR tubes were bad and caused erratic signal which interfered with the radar tracking. In both cases new TR tubes resolved the problem. But I guess that's another story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.