DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,257 Posts
Thanks. That worked and everything is working other than not knowing why the HR54 doesn't power everything when the PI is unplugged. I mean I know it won't work now because that splitter is connected to the SWM2 port but it wasn't powering it when it was connected to the SWM1/PWR port. So either the built-in PI in the HR54 is dead or the power port on the SWM 4 way splitter is dead.

Might go the route that WestDC proposed and get rid of some cables and maybe get brand new splitter(s) too. Does the dish have to be re-aligned when you replace the LNB? I ask because I don't do dish alignment.
The built in power inserters are meant to power a SWM LNB, not a SWM multiswitch.

"If you are using an external multiswitch, which can let you use your HR54 DVR along with many other receivers, you must power the multiswitch using the power inserter. It cannot be powered by the DVR itself."

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,257 Posts
Also I have 9 locations but only 7 receivers but I would like to have all 9 working for when we move a TV to a different spot in 2 rooms. Can I just add a 4 way splitter connected to a port on the 8 way splitter so I can have all 9 locations active all of the time?
You should really limit the number of splitters in your system. With your current splitters you have 12 ports, so why do you need to connect another splitter?

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,257 Posts
I was asking that if I were to replace the LNB and remove the multiswitch. I would have 8 ports with the 8 way splitter plugged into the LNB, I asked about adding another 4 so all 9 access points could be live even though I would only be using 7 at a time.
A 2-way would be better than a 4-way. It all depends on how long the cable runs are.

If you had a client in a fixed location, I'd recommend a NAS 9501 diplexer and the 8-way splitter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts