DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a condo building where dish network is included in the assessments. Although I am not privy to the exact setup, my understanding is that the building uses a single dish for the 24 or so units.

Almost daily I receive an errors 002, 015, and 793 (in any weather). This generally occurs when trying to access channels in the higher ranges, e.g. anything above 150 or so (Current Tv, Documentary Channel, BigTen Network, Setanta Sports etc.). The support usually has me restart my receiver (dvr 625) and that may work for a day or so (or not at all), it is not a long term solution. After this happened a number of times they swapped out the receiver....and still no improvement. Also, for a while they would tell me to run a QAM setup, but then they changed their tune and they said doing that can affect the other people in my building.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

Error codes can be looked up on Dish's TechPortal for the 625. I don't see 793 in the "Select Error" drop-down list, but 002 and 015 are both related to signal loss.

Menu - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch will give you information on the LNB/switch configuration. If the system is QAM, check the "002 Q-Box" and "015 Q-Box" errors for additional troubleshooting. The Q-Box is used in some Dish MDU installations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts