DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Cool Member
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure someone will ask closer to the college football season if GamePlan will be in HD this year, and the answer is no. I asked the ESPN contact twitter account and was told it will only be in SD. Granted, most of the games can be found on the other RSN's but there are still some that are only available on GP if you have DTV (excluding ESPN3). Here's a link:
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
5,510 Posts
joshadam84 said:
I am sure someone will ask closer to the college football season if GamePlan will be in HD this year, and the answer is no. I asked the ESPN contact twitter account and was told it will only be in SD. Granted, most of the games can be found on the other RSN's but there are still some that are only available on GP if you have DTV (excluding ESPN3). Here's a link:
but will directv be able to have some games in HD??
They had some full court games in HD.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
311 Posts
I checked D's website and called CSR and they do not have a date when they will be taking orders for Gameplan.. But college football is only 2 to 2 1/2 months away. I would think it would be very soon.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
This may be a stupid question.

As a Premier sub, I get SportsPack, which carries "most" of the Game Plan games in HD and are not blacked out.

Why not just subscribe to Sports Pack for the 3 or 4 months of college football for $39 or $52, compared to Game Plan?
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
72 Posts
cmasia said:
This may be a stupid question.

As a Premier sub, I get SportsPack, which carries "most" of the Game Plan games in HD and are not blacked out.

Why not just subscribe to Sports Pack for the 3 or 4 months of college football for $39 or $52, compared to Game Plan?
Not a dumb question.... smart response
 

· Icon
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
cmasia said:
This may be a stupid question.

As a Premier sub, I get SportsPack, which carries "most" of the Game Plan games in HD and are not blacked out.

Why not just subscribe to Sports Pack for the 3 or 4 months of college football for $39 or $52, compared to Game Plan?
None of the games that are available on GP are available in sports pack.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
I don't really watch college at all anymore unless my team is playing. But I found when ABC started the prime time telecast and then with them, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU doing pretty much every game that mattered at all, GP became a total waste to me and only something the truly die hards or fans of a team you can't see all the games of locally would like. The big draw for me had always been I could watch something important in ABCs regional coverage window and not be stuck watching some garbage ACC game instead.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
1,387 Posts
west99999 said:
None of the games that are available on GP are available in sports pack.
Hi West.

Last fall, I checked every Saturday, and at least 3/4 of the Game Plan games were in the clear on at least one SP channel. Not all, but at least one. And they were all in HD.

Cheers.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
405 Posts
The rare case would be an SEC game televised on CSS or on PPV. In years past, Alabama would have 3-4 PPV games which would make Game Plan worth it (at least for me). However, the picture quality was if you were looking through a dirty windshield.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I not understand why is it that directv has the ESPN GamePlan and yet for the U.S.A has the ESPN3 site which if free for the U.S.A.

Why pay $52 for ESPN GamePlan when you get the same college football games on ESPN 3 site that is free on the internet.

Also ESPN 3 site has exclusives college football games.

Thanks

Sport_Fan
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
477 Posts
"Sports_Fan" said:
Hi everyone,

I not understand why is it that directv has the ESPN GamePlan and yet for the U.S.A has the ESPN3 site which if free for the U.S.A.

Why pay $52 for ESPN GamePlan when you get the same college football games on ESPN 3 site that is free on the internet.

Also ESPN 3 site has exclusives college football games.

Thanks

Sport_Fan
Some people don't get ESPN3 through their ISP. So they have to subscribe to gameplan.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
405 Posts
Sports_Fan said:
Hi everyone,

I not understand why is it that directv has the ESPN GamePlan and yet for the U.S.A has the ESPN3 site which if free for the U.S.A.

Why pay $52 for ESPN GamePlan when you get the same college football games on ESPN 3 site that is free on the internet.

Also ESPN 3 site has exclusives college football games.

Thanks

Sport_Fan
$52.00? GamePlan has not been offered for that low of a price in ages. It's $119 on the D* site.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/gameplan?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,393 Posts
AMike said:
The rare case would be an SEC game televised on CSS or on PPV. In years past, Alabama would have 3-4 PPV games which would make Game Plan worth it (at least for me). However, the picture quality was if you were looking through a dirty windshield.
The PPV games did look like early 1980s broadcasts, it was barely in color. Luckily the the last few years there was only 1 PPV game at most. It used to be the out of conference games, but since Alabama has played some better out of conference games such as Michigan this year, last year Penn State... better than playing FCS schools. ESPN3 picture quality has been fairly good compared to SD lite and PPV.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
365 Posts
Taking Week 1, 2011 as an example, there are a number of GP games that are available on SP and a number of games that are only available on GP/ESPN3. The big question is, will your team(s) have enough exclusive GP games that makes it worth subscribing or is it easier to buy just one week (is that still an option?) or could you just go to a bar?

http://mattsarzsports.com/Football2011/week1
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top