DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11,428 Posts
They've been using 4K cameras for several years now. Maybe the bit rate was higher last night for some reason (perhaps due to the lack of all the MLB channels?)

Reactions: Laxguy

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes total sense. Thanks for the 4K camera confirm, and the posit of higher bit rates. It was the best non-4K picture I have ever seen.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
They've been using 4K cameras for several years now. Maybe the bit rate was higher last night for some reason (perhaps due to the lack of all the MLB channels?)
Seems strange that they would be using the 4k camera for years and sending a 720p signal for us all to watch.
Not disputing what you say but it is strange to me.

Reactions: P Smith

· AllStar
2,174 Posts
Seems strange that they would be using the 4k camera for years and sending a 720p signal for us all to watch.
Fox has actual 4k college football and all their channels are 720p, too. To many, 720p and 1080i are both HD and equivalent. At the end of the day, they basically are ....

· Legend
483 Posts
Well, think of tvs....If you were to buy a new one would you buy a HD or a 4k?.....I think to stay up on the tech, sure dont hurt them, if anything it improves things over all............And look someone noticed how nice the quality was.....It sure isnt experimental technology in 2018.

· Hall Of Fame
5,376 Posts
Maybe the bit rate was higher last night for some reason (perhaps due to the lack of all the MLB channels?)
The bandwidth for Extra Innings has nothing to do with ESPN. Those are all either remaps of RSNs or repurposed CINEHD channels for the part time feeds, none of which are on the same transponder as ESPN.

This is what's on ESPN's transponder (D14/99ca TPN 23):
1010 - 206 ESPNHD
1020 - 217 TNNSHD
1030 - 245 TNTHD
1040 - 218 GolfHD
1050 - 209 ESPN2HD

· Mr. FixAnything
27,986 Posts
The bandwidth for Extra Innings has nothing to do with ESPN. Those are all either remaps of RSNs or repurposed CINEHD channels for the part time feeds, none of which are on the same transponder as ESPN.

This is what's on ESPN's transponder (D14/99ca TPN 23):
1010 - 206 ESPNHD
1020 - 217 TNNSHD
1030 - 245 TNTHD
1040 - 218 GolfHD
1050 - 209 ESPN2HD
right, but it's just a static PID's assignment;
when watching bitrate of each PID online, the picture is very volatile …
you could find my samples made a few years ago (hope a transition to new SW of the site didn't discard my attached pictures from TS Reader program made those days)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.