DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is my first post on the DBSTalk board, however I have been lurking here for a few weeks. I noticed today that the picture quality of the ESPN networks seemed to improve slightly. Have any of you noticed an improvement? It's not anywhere close to the quality of six months ago, but it seems just a tad better. I especially noticed it tonight during the NHL game on ESPN.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Welcome Dan to DBStalk :hi:

A few months ago (End of November) ESPN switched from Analog to Digital using Digicypher II Technology. From the posting I have seen on the SCTE mailing list I belong to (SCTE is the Society of Cable Television Engineers) there have been quite a few mentions on the list about the quality of ESPN.

It seems that there is a problem with the Digital Satellite receivers which is causing most of the problems.

Folks from ESPN have posted that they working with the receiver manufactuer (GI / Motorola) to correct the problems.

I have not seen any updates in the past few weeks on the problem. I can only think that they are working on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.