DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
The only reason you need a Phone Line is to report PPV Charges which are downloaded via the Phone Line for Billing Purposes or for CallerID Viewing on your TV.

However, they now have another Option which is Internet Connection via Ethernet Cable to your Router.

Whether they would let you connect without either of these is probably based upon the CSR you speak to but I would just say you have a Phone Line Connected and be done with it.

It is not like the CSR is going to check to see if your phone line is connected.

However, if you do watch PPV without a Phone Line or Ethernet Connection when you reach a Certain $ Limit you will be Suspended until the PPV Account Balance is Paid In Full!!! :)

And Don't Ask How I Know!!! :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
8,489 Posts
cabletech said:
The phone line is also for the caller ID option ans yes you can use a reciever WITHOUT either one connected. You just will not be able to do on screen PPV for PPV you will need to go on line into your account and order that way.

I do this in the summer in my rv with out a problem.
Yes, I forgot to include CallerID in my Post.

Also, I am buying a 2007 Country Coach Affinity in about 3 weeks and I am looking forward to seeing the U. S. of A. It has an In Motion Directv Dish for SD and a Motosat for Directv HD when you get to your Location.

Cool Beans!!! Can't wait to buy it and start out on a trip!!! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.