DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been with DirecTV for 8-10+ year and I know paying invoices past due is totally MY fault but I cant believe DirecTV's new policys.

My monthly plan is only approx. $65, I forgot to make a payment and just figured I would double up when my next bill comes.

My next bill comes and its approx. $135 which is what it should be but instead of my normal due date, its a cut off notice only giving me 3 days to pay instead of the normal due date two weeks later. There is also a $3-4 late charge for being less than 2 weeks late.

I know its MY fault but its only $65. :mad: and only 2 weeks late.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
No company I deal with cuts you any slack anymore when it comes to late payments. Many will send DC notice with late notice!

·
Banned
614 Posts
Bobman said:
I have been with DirecTV for 8-10+ year and I know paying invoices past due is totally MY fault but I cant believe DirecTV's new policys.

My monthly plan is only approx. $65, I forgot to make a payment and just figured I would double up when my next bill comes.

My next bill comes and its approx. $135 which is what it should be but instead of my normal due date, its a cut off notice only giving me 3 days to pay instead of the normal due date two weeks later. There is also a $3-4 late charge for being less than 2 weeks late.

I know its MY fault but its only $65. :mad: and only 2 weeks late.
I'm not sure if they tack on $5.00 for every 30 days late, after grace period, but the length of time your with them doesn't matter. It would be difficult to give long term members special treatment, and implementing an accounting system to service not paying on time.:eek2:

If you know before your grace period is up that you can't pay, go online and request an extension for payment. You can do this all online.

·
Super Moderator
12,863 Posts
Gee, I think it would have been more fair if they just sent you all of the programming next month, after you've paid. I don't see anything wrong with watching last months news, series, football games, etc. I mean, if you don't expect them to be concerned about late payment, why should you be concerned about late delivery of service?

Carl

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Don't forget that we pay a month in advance for our service.

I got next month's news and sports yesterday. We're sitting down now to watch the Macy's parade.

189 Posts
Tell DirecTV you will pay your bills on time when they show TNT-HD on Time!!!!
Like every Sunday 1-4 pm.....

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Other than maybe the late fee, you shouldn't really have any problem if you pay the $65 that is past due right away, then figure on paying the following (current) month "on time", as it would normally be.

I have on a couple of occasions over the years had a late payment and I have never had my service shut off. I would make up the missed month's payment right away and pay the current month by it's normal due date. I am still an "A" list customer (though I haven't had a late payment in quite a few years).

If you did want to go this route, you could call and explain (politely) that you overlooked your bill last month and will catch that up right away. May not even be worth the hassle of calling, though.

·
Icon
763 Posts
I never think about the bill till it arrives & I pay it as soon as it gets here.
That's why I was surprised when I got an email saying I was past due!
I look in my checks & sure enough no check for D* that month.

What had happened is when I signed up for email newsletters they just decided to sign me up for online bill pay at the same time, without telling me!

Needless to say I paid the bill & didn't have to pay any late charges, since then I've got my bill in the mail like normal.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
paulman182 said:
Don't forget that we pay a month in advance for our service.

I got next month's news and sports yesterday. We're sitting down now to watch the Macy's parade.
Oh, I call BULLS$!T!

You get your bill at the START of the cycle..but you don't have a due date untill 2/3rds into it. If your service starts on Jan 1st, you do get a bill for Jan 1st -31st...but you don't have to pay untill Jan 20th!

If you were billed a month ahead, then you would be paying a due date of Jan 20th for the cycle that began on Feb 1st.

I suppose you eat your Big mac, and THEN pay for it. :hurah:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a CC payment the day I received the past due notice but this part is what bothered me and some of you may have missed:

"only giving me 3 days to pay instead of the normal due date two weeks later" They had a cut off date of 10/27 and my normal due date would be 11/8.

I still don't understand that. Its not like I have the TCPremier or a lot of movie channels or order a lot of PPV's, I have the basic package no premiums with 3 receivers/DVR's at approx. $65 a month.

·
Legend
125 Posts
Bobman said:
I did a CC payment the day I received the past due notice but this part is what bothered me and some of you may have missed:

"only giving me 3 days to pay instead of the normal due date two weeks later" They had a cut off date of 10/27 and my normal due date would be 11/8.

I still don't understand that. Its not like I have the TCPremier or a lot of movie channels or order a lot of PPV's, I have the basic package no premiums with 3 receivers/DVR's at approx. $65 a month.
In their eyes you and me arnt those "high value" subs they want. i bet if we both had that or the titanium package they would be bending backwards more to keep us happy.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
You say "paying invoices past due"....so are we to assume you have done this more than once? If so I have no problem with what they did. You're right that as an adult paying bills on time is a requirement. Set up autopay or if you're having trouble paying the $65 sounds like maybe you could back to just 1 DVR and 1 receiver.

·
Legend
200 Posts
rirwin1983 said:
In their eyes you and me arnt those "high value" subs they want. i bet if we both had that or the titanium package they would be bending backwards more to keep us happy.
High value has nothing to do with it. They want their money for services rendered. DTV bills at the beginning of the month and gives customers literally the full month before the new bill goes out before they consider an account past due. I don't understand why it's completely irrelevant for a company to disconnect services when they haven't been paid.

·
Godfather
268 Posts
AnonomissX said:
I suppose you eat your Big mac, and THEN pay for it. :hurah:
Big Mac, no: Steak dinner, yes...with as much
as satalite/Cable costs now-a-days, a bigmac is a bad reference...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.