DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm ready. I bought a small 720p TV for the bedroom and I'd like to upgrade from my 508.

What deals is Dish offering?

I have a 622 in my living room, 508 in the bedroom and a 301 in the den. Will I need any modifications to my installed equipment to get two tuners working in the bedroom? Thanks

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
What dish/LNB/switch equipment do you have? I'd recommend a 612 (2-tuner, 1 HD output DVR) for the bedroom.

· AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IIP said:
What dish/LNB/switch equipment do you have? I'd recommend a 612 (2-tuner, 1 HD output DVR) for the bedroom.
DP Twin, DP Dual, DP34 and two D500's (61.5 and 110/119) as far as I know. I'm wondering if I will need to change anything as I'd prefer to just have them mail me the rx rather than deal with an installer.

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
The easiest way would be to replace the DP34 with a DPP33, use just one line to the LR's 622 and use the DPP Separator that came in the box. The existing single line to the bedroom can then support a dual-tuner model also using a Separator. The DPP44 can also be used but is more expensive.

Or, add a DP34 chained off the first and run another line to the bedroom.

If the den rcvr doesn't need 61.5°, just add a DP21 connected to the 119/110 trunking throughputs of the DP34. The bedroom will still need another line.

Or, get a 622 or 722 run in Dual Mode, and retire both the 508 and 301. Assuming you have a phone or internet connection, dropping an extra receiver fee will nearly offset the new DVR fee. The bedroom will still need another line unless you replace the DP Twin/DP34 combo with a DPP Twin (no extra switch needed for 2 receivers).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.