DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the ext HD on a Hopper act any differently than one on a 722? Have they incorporated editable folders (like you can do internally)? If there is only 500 gb of user storage, an external drive is a must. Being able to archive into "Kids", "Movies", etc. would be very nice.

· Godfather
454 Posts
It's about the same as the 722k as far as I can see. You can transfer files bidirectionally and play files on the hard drive. The 500G user side partition may be more than you expect. Shows saved on the PTAT side are not stored on the user side until they expire even though they are accessible from the user's recordings.

EHD recordings can be stored in folders. This is probably a default condition since the stuff I store on the EHD is arranged in folder format.

· Icon
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the 722 and the 722k must be different. I can't manage folders on my 722 ext HD. Only if the show name is the same will episodes go into one a folder. But you can't create a folder (like "Kids") and move stuff into it on the ext HD. So you're saying the Hopper ext HD can do that?

Can you delete PTAT stuff you don't want?
Can you define the 4 primetime channels (or is it always Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS)?
Can you define the start and stop times of "primetime"? (if 7:00-10:00 and a show runs over will you miss the ending?)

· Mentor
43 Posts
I am new to the Hopper. This is what I see.

You can't delete the PrimeTime programs. You can save individual shows to your media. PT programs will auto delete after 8 days.

If something causes programs to run beyond PT, you are out of luck. This would only affect the 9PM programs.

PT cannot be changed. It is 7PM to 10PM except for Sunday it is 6PM to 10PM.

· Icon
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have thought there would at least be an option like on a regular timer to stop 5-60 minutes late. So your actually better off using a timer on a Primetime show that you know is running late (although you seldom know, and happens a few times a week). If you could set Primetime to record and extra 10 minutes 90% of that problem would go away.

· Mr. FixAnything
28,009 Posts
tcatdbs said:
So the 722 and the 722k must be different. I can't manage folders on my 722 ext HD. Only if the show name is the same will episodes go into one a folder. But you can't create a folder (like "Kids") and move stuff into it on the ext HD. So you're saying the Hopper ext HD can do that?

Can you delete PTAT stuff you don't want?
Can you define the 4 primetime channels (or is it always Fox, ABC, NBC, and CBS)?
Can you define the start and stop times of "primetime"? (if 7:00-10:00 and a show runs over will you miss the ending?)
It's not folders, just virtual aggregation on screen [only], under same name.

· Godfather
1,028 Posts
tcatdbs said:
I would have thought there would at least be an option like on a regular timer to stop 5-60 minutes late. So your actually better off using a timer on a Primetime show that you know is running late ...
Yes, that works, but don't forget to unskip the timer in the "daily schedule". The Hopper thinks it's a duplicate of the PTAT timer and will put the PTAT version in your "my recordings", if you don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.