DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a Seinfeld show, but I set up a recording of a college basketball game and programmed it to end 30 minutes after it's scheduled time. This has always worked since I've had the box.

When I started watching the game, I noticed the orange bar stopped at 2hrs 10min while the entire bar showed 2hrs 30mins. Sure enough, I missed the last two mins of the game as the recording stopped at 2hrs 10mins. Nothing like sitting through an entire game just to not see the end. What a waste...

I've never seen this happen before. I had the TV on some other channel in the background and it didn't reset or do anything unusual. Any ideas why it would just stop short like that? Has this happened to others?

· Crivens!
768 Posts
DJConan said:
Not a Seinfeld show, but I set up a recording of a college basketball game and programmed it to end 30 minutes after it's scheduled time. This has always worked since I've had the box.

When I started watching the game, I noticed the orange bar stopped at 2hrs 10min while the entire bar showed 2hrs 30mins. Sure enough, I missed the last two mins of the game as the recording stopped at 2hrs 10mins. Nothing like sitting through an entire game just to not see the end. What a waste...

I've never seen this happen before. I had the TV on some other channel in the background and it didn't reset or do anything unusual. Any ideas why it would just stop short like that? Has this happened to others?
I (and others) have learned that padding doesn't work right yet. The work around is to record the show you want, and the show (or shows) after it to ensure you get everything. You may miss a minute or so when it shifts from one program to the other, so it's not a perfect solution, but it seems to be the best so far.

· Legend
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...good to know, I guess. I've been padding all the college games I watch and football games without incident until this last game. I've had issues with adding time to a program already recording, but didn't know about this...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.