DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had an HR20-700 since 2006. In 2009 we added an external drive because the internal drive was starting to go out. Last week we purchased a 3D television and were told by DirecTV that the HR20 would not work with 3D programming. We received an HR23-700 as a replacement yesterday and got it configured. However, we keep getting an expired access card error when we try to watch anything recorded on the old external drive. A red button reset clears the error, but we still can't watch anything off of the drive.

I told the rep last week that we had an external drive and he didn't say anything about not being able to watch what we've recorded. So, I guess my question is: Is there any way to watch the programs we've got recorded on another source like a PC? I can deal with resetting all of the season passes but I would like to be able to watch what we have recorded. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Godfather
549 Posts
Yep, you're pretty much screwed here. :(

I think I heard that content actually recorded via the off-the-air tuner (using an antenna) on the HR20 is not scrambled and might still be viewable. But if it came off a satellite channel, you're SOL.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.