DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 622 with software 512 and can't transfer hd programing to my 750g western digital hard drive. Sd programs no problem. I noticed the problem after the latest software update.Anybody else have this problem? If so how did you fix it? Thanks.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redwingsfan said:
I have a 622 with software 512 and can't transfer hd programing to my 750g western digital hard drive. Sd programs no problem. I noticed the problem after the latest software update.Anybody else have this problem? If so how did you fix it? Thanks.
I can't transfer any programming now,sd or hd,keep getting error code 855. I replaced usb cable,it didn't help. Anybody think a software update could fix this?

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Redwingsfan said:
I can't transfer any programming now,sd or hd,keep getting error code 855. I replaced usb cable,it didn't help. Anybody think a software update could fix this?
Sadly it sounds like a hard drive crash. If the software update doesn't help that is likely.

If that's true, you may be able to hook it up to your computer and reformat it, then bring it back to your 622 to be reformatted again. But you would lose everything now on it and have a questionable hard drive.

If it's still under warranty, you can go here and deal with it.

Since I have three of them, I hate to read about this.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can transfer older recordings to my ehd but nothing I've recorded recently.
I assume it has something to do with the updated software,the "FIXES".
If I get a 722 can I use my ehd with the 722? I don't want to lose all those
programs.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Redwingsfan said:
I can transfer older recordings to my ehd but nothing I've recorded recently.
I assume it has something to do with the updated software,the "FIXES".
If I get a 722 can I use my ehd with the 722? I don't want to lose all those
programs.
Supposedly. As in "presumed to be true or real without conclusive evidence." Dish has assigned a code to your 622 for EHD's which they should apply to any new ViP DVR. So, supposedly. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.