DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 HR24-500s and one of them has begun pausing/freezing multiple times during playback. Red button rebooting hasn't helped so unless there's a reason to believe power cycling will yield anything different I'm considering an external hard drive. Can anyone make some specific recommendations of which ones I should consider? Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The external HD MUST have an eSATA connection, so they are a little harder to find. You can do that 2 ways. Either buy a 2TB external OR buy an regular 2TB internal with a regular SATA connection and then buy an enclosure with eSATA connection (Amazon has them), put the internal in the enclosure and plug it in, following the instructions on line about starting the HD first, then start DVR, etc. I haven't had a problem with WD Red or Blue. I've used more expensive drives, but not necessary. HD may not be your problem, but this is how it works.

·
Godfather
358 Posts
I just replaced the internal drive of my hr24 with the internal drive of an old HR44 I had lying around not in use. It was a WD green drive. It was easy.

Before anyone asks why I have an old HR44 lying around I have actually two of them. DIRECTV never wanted them back when I upgraded to HR54. I tried for a year and finally gave up.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts