DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connected my Seagate External hard drive, I lost all the CE features I had, when I disconnected and went back to the DVR hard drive they returned. Is this normal and will they External HD eventually pick this up after a CE download? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
jeffloby said:
When I connected my Seagate External hard drive, I lost all the CE features I had, when I disconnected and went back to the DVR hard drive they returned. Is this normal and will they External HD eventually pick this up after a CE download? Thanks in advance.
The OS for the units is not stored on the hard drive. There should be absolutely no difference once you plug in your eSATA drive.

What do you feel as though you lost?

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The menu items were gone, but I probably should have reset the DVR and they would have come back.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If the features you refer to were activated by performing a keyword search you may have to rerun the search with the eSATA connected. If you have lost other items...like network features...it may just take a bit of time after the reboot for everything to refresh.

BTW, any issues you have with regard to CE software should be presented in the CE forum.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
RunnerFL said:
The OS for the units is not stored on the hard drive. There should be absolutely no difference once you plug in your eSATA drive.

What do you feel as though you lost?
But some settings are stored on the hard drive, so that could explain the change when a different disk is booted.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
cartrivision said:
But some settings are stored on the hard drive, so that could explain the change when a different disk is booted.
correct, the ones turned on by searches have to be redone..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.