DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Western digital 500gb drive

Several months ago, I activated the drive, and successfully transferred files.

After several months, I plugged in the drive , drive was recognized. When I attempted to start a "send to drive" session, I get error code 788. The drive has not been used for several months, never used on any other 622 DVR. I do not want to reformat the drive. Why is the drive suddenly not recognized??

Rebooted DVR, rebooted drive, tested with another USB cable. Nothing clears error code 788.

· Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
What happens if you attempt to restore an event from the EHD to the receiver's HD, and can you playback an event stored on the EHD?

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
zog1234 said:
Western digital 500gb drive

Several months ago, I activated the drive, and successfully transferred files.

After several months, I plugged in the drive , drive was recognized. When I attempted to start a "send to drive" session, I get error code 788. The drive has not been used for several months, never used on any other 622 DVR. I do not want to reformat the drive. Why is the drive suddenly not recognized??

Rebooted DVR, rebooted drive, tested with another USB cable. Nothing clears error code 788.
Ouch! When Dish added the hex code for accounts that allowed moving the EHD between 622/722/612 receivers on the same account, a few did have problems with the error code 788 unrecognized drive. How long ago was it when you last hooked up your drive?

· Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phrelin said:
Ouch! When Dish added the hex code for accounts that allowed moving the EHD between 622/722/612 receivers on the same account, a few did have problems with the error code 788 unrecognized drive. How long ago was it when you last hooked up your drive?
Several months ago. Sounds like an entitlement problem. Anyone know who in tech support could resolve this problem?? (A direct phone number would be useful).
Thanks for providing a clue.

· Godfather
264 Posts
zog1234 said:
Several months ago. Sounds like an entitlement problem. Anyone know who in tech support could resolve this problem?? (A direct phone number would be useful).
Thanks for providing a clue.
Something similar happened to me about 6 months ago. Call Dish and have them send a "hit" to your DVR. It cleared up my issue by somehow marrying up the DVR and EHD. May not work but worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.