DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I activated my THR-22, I asked for an extra remote. DirecTV sent me an RC65 (the white remote for ).

I called them back, and they told me that this was the only remote that they have, if I wanted an "old" TiVo remote I'd need to contact TiVo directly. I asked what remote I would get with a new THR-22, and they told me I'd get this same one. This answer doesn't really make sense, but hey, it's DirecTV customer service...

Anyway, I see on their web page that I can order a "TiVo RF Remote", but it doesn't have a picture. This is a seperate item from the "Universal RF remote"

Has anyone ordered the "TiVo" one, and what did they get?

(I know Weaknees has them, but they're twice the price)

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Yes, I have ordered the Tivo RF remote, and received the same new peanut remote that came with THR22-100. Do not buy a peanut remote from Tivo, it doesn't use the same codeset as THR22-100.

5 Posts
Have any of you found that this new tivo remote does not have all the codes for other receivers? I have a Sony that I cannot setup using the Tivo remote. How do you find out if any codes have been added?
Thanks,
Manny

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Sat Receivers, or Audio Receivers? If its a new sony Audio receiver, sorry you're out of luck,it doesn't have a code for sony receivers set to AV2 codeset. Only AV1. The code library in the THr22 peanut, is like seven years behind. :(

· AllStar
74 Posts
Back when I upgraded to the THR22's, I requested and got a second THR22 remote at no charge.
Guess it just depends on who you talk to.
Try to get to a csr in the US, you will have a better chance of getting the correct remote.

· King of Awesome
995 Posts
Just tell them you need the TiVo peanut remote. It will be an option for them to order it if you have a THR22 on your account. If they tell you it is $15 or $25 that is not the correct remote, the THR22 remote shows up as $50 (or maybe $49...I can't recall from when I had a THR22). The easiest way? If you have a THR22 go to DirecTV.com and order the TiVo Peanut Remote from the website!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.