DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything I can do to fix my remote? I have tried new batteries, changing channels is painfully slow. On my hr20 the remotes work great, but my h20 model 100 is very very slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
You may have IR interference from another remote and even compact fluorescent lighting. Will the remote work if you use it right up next to the unit?

·
AllStar
71 Posts
I also just got a new H20-100 installed and have been very disappointed in the speed it takes to change channels. My stop watch tells me that on average it takes 2.5 seconds to switch channels. (Range is 2.1 - 3.6 sec) It seems like eternity when I'm waiting for the channel to load? The D* CSR told me that the HR20 is even slower than the H20. Speed was a great concern in mine when choosing the receivers. I have a HR20 on order for my family room.

·
Godfather
414 Posts
daytoday said:
I also just got a new H20-100 installed and have been very disappointed in the speed it takes to change channels. My stop watch tells me that on average it takes 2.5 seconds to switch channels. (Range is 2.1 - 3.6 sec) It seems like eternity when I'm waiting for the channel to load? The D* CSR told me that the HR20 is even slower than the H20. Speed was a great concern in mine when choosing the receivers. I have a HR20 on order for my family room.
I recently added an HR20-700S. I also have both an H20-100 and H20-600.
The H20-100 is by far the slowest of the bunch.

The HR20-700s which replaced the H20-100 is quite snappy. The only case where it is slow is if I use Channel Up or Down to switch channels (surfing). I believe this is because I have Native turned on. When the receiver changes channels it has to determine the current res on the channel. If I disable native and leave it set on 1080i, then switching channels is faster.

The H20-600 is quite fast. very different than the H20-100

·
Icon
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my hr is quite a bit faster then my h20, just sucks when changing channels

·
DBSTalk Club Member
129 Posts
My H20-100 is very slow going to channels below 100 (HD mostly) and fairly sluggish below 300. The guide is very sluggish as well. Many times I accidentally select the channel instead of the info because I hit enter twice, thinking it didn't take it the first time! Above 300, for some reason, it changes immediately with the third digit.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
brittonx said:
I believe this is because I have Native turned on. When the receiver changes channels it has to determine the current res on the channel. If I disable native and leave it set on 1080i, then switching channels is faster.
I had native turned on mine also and tried leaving it on 1080i or even 720P and changing channels is a lot faster than when native was on.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Native setting on the receivers will always slow down the channel changing, unfortunately. There are pro's and con's to having it on. Personally, I like the native setting because I am lazy, and it picks the resolution for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.