DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Today was the last day of my Frndly TV free trial, so I cancelled it. If Frndly had added Antenna TV before LocalBTV dropped it, then I might have considered keeping Frndly.
They still have the Weigel channels. I am hoping they add METV+ to the mix. Since Antenna TV is not owned by Tribune any longer, now owned by Nexstar, I have no idea how the Antenna TV thing will go. There are probably places you can find Antenna TV streaming, but you probably will have to hunt. I have found a lot stuff just by hunting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The funny thing about the timing of my free trial of Frndly is that I ended it yesterday morning (6/30/2022). So, just as I was about to lose those channels (including LMN and FYI) from Frndly, Dish started a free preview of LMN and FYI. Now I have those two channels for free for one more month!

Since Antenna TV is not owned by Tribune any longer, now owned by Nexstar, I have no idea how the Antenna TV thing will go.
Well, Nexstar is acquiring the CW, so they could always move Antenna TV over to the CW Seed app, since they are not doing anything else with that app at the moment. :D

There are probably places you can find Antenna TV streaming, but you probably will have to hunt.
Yeah, I tried a search on Roku with no luck. I didn't feel like digging any deeper than that.

I have found a lot stuff just by hunting.
I found a lot of stuff in F2VTV while I still had it. That was a good assortment of random stuff, most of which I have now added to my Roku through separate apps. Some of them, like "As Heard on TV," I never would have searched for, if I hadn't already seen them in F2VTV and gotten hooked on them. I am not saying that justifies the piracy that was involved, but I can see the potential for many of these streams to gain viewers (or listeners) thanks to what F2VTV did.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
I have never found a way to use one with the Roku.
Many modern routers allow you to VPN your whole household. If your router isn't modern, there may be third party modern firmware that will run on it.

Of course if you have to run VPN software to get what you want, you're probably not entitled to it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Many modern routers allow you to VPN your whole household. If your router isn't modern, there may be third party modern firmware that will run on it.

Of course if you have to run VPN software to get what you want, you're probably not entitled to it.
Too much trouble to VPN the whole system. Much easier with a Fire unit (Cube/Stick, etc). I use a VPN a lot while travelling with the laptop.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts