DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
162 Posts
Just to make sure, you are using a DIPLEXER and not a simple signal splitter are you? Signal splitters are not diplexors.

·
Legend
162 Posts
brucknerdoc said:
I got 6 receivers all together - not including the HR20.

The HR20 is being setup on a feed that I have already working with an H10 - that tuner works fine with the existing cables for both SAT and OTA. The HR20 is failing on 2 of 3 satellites, although the feeds work for all other receivers - poor signal on tuner 2 seems to be the issue with my setup.

So, could it be the multiswitch? The WB68 seems to be relatively cheap, so maybe I'll give it a try...

Any other thoughts?
If I understand you correctly, you had an H10 working in the location that you are wanting to use the HR20 in. If that is correct, you would only have one tuner capable of recording since you only have one cable run to it. A diplexer is only used for combining and uncombining an OTA and Sat signal. It cannot work as a "splitter" for a sat cable. If you need dual tuners, you will need to run a second run for the second tuner.
If I misunderstood, sorry, but that is what I understood from reading this reply.

·
Legend
162 Posts
brucknerdoc said:
Indeed, I have a diplexer - the current cable run is already fine for the H10, just not the HR20...
Please clarify, how many cable runs are there from the multiswitch to the reciever. Are there one or two cable runs? A dual tuner reciever will need two cable runs direct from the multiswitch. If there is only one cable, for now, you will only be able to use one tuner. Eventually, they are planning on offering signal stacking, but for now, there is only the ablitily to run the one tuner off the one cable.

·
Legend
162 Posts
brucknerdoc said:
Sorry for the confusion - I tried to describe my setup in my original post as best I could.

Indeed, I realize the diplexer is not a splitter - it is being used to separate a single run from the multiswitch to the tuner, carrying both SAT and OTA from an outside antenna.

When I mentioned "tuner 2", I was referring to what I noticed in checking thru signal strength when setup failed - with all satellites, tuner 1 was consistantly 90+ (as it is fall all my other tuners), but tuner 2 strength is poor - that is why I thought the problem lies somewhere there.

I only have one SAT cable going into the HR20.
That would most likely be your problem. In order to use both tuners, you would need to have two sat cables running to the reciever. If you are only using one cable, you are only able to use one tuner. If you want to enable both tuners, you would need to have a second cable run for you. If you do have a second cable run, it would also be a good idea to have another cable run for OTA.

·
Legend
162 Posts
That is weird. I would say that there is an internal problem in the reciever since the individual tuners should be discrete. I think that Hasan from this forum had said that he only has one tuner connected on his reciever, but I cannot say for certain. Maybe a PM to him would be a good idea. Either way, the fact that you are showing signal strength on a tuner that is not currently connected seems very unusual, and I doubt that the multiswitch would be responsible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.