DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
brucknerdoc said:
First post - lurking for a while waiting for OTA to arrive...

I currently have a setup of 6 receivers from a 3LNB oval dish, including 2 HD units (H10 & HR10-250) - supplied thru a Terk 5X8 multiswitch. Additionally, I pass OTA HD from an outside antenna thru the multiswitch along the same single cable run to the receivers, using a Terk diplexer (BDS-P1) at the receiver. All has been well.

I decided to add the HR20 after OTA was activated, but no joy...

If I run my sat cable (after the diplexer), I got "0" signal strength on all satellites during setup. Running the combined signal directly into the HR20 (before the diplexer) gives signal on all staellites for tuner 2 (all transponders 90+). But, on tuner 2, signal is poor - 101 shows 60-70 on only odd or even transponders, 110 is in 40's, and 119 is 40's only 0n 22 & 24 (rest are 0). As a result, I receive "failed" messages for confirming setup on sat 101 & 119 - only 110 is "ok".

Rest of receivers in house still show signals 90+, including the same feed I am trying to add the HR20 to - resetting (several times) is no better.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the multiswitch/diplexer setup - I have no immmediate plans to go AT9/5LNB anytime soon.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!
I had the same problem. It is definitely your switch. DirecTV should replace this with the new Zinwell WB68 6X8 Multiswitch. Once I replaced my old switch with the new one the exact problems you describe were corrected! Call DirecTV and request that they install the new MS. They also installed the new Slimline dish for me as well. The installer technician said it was the MS not the dish that was causing my problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.