DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
102 Posts
I have the family package w/ HD. I watch HGTV, my wife watches FitTv and my kids get all of their channels. I do miss ESPN sometimes but I can live w/o it at least until the baseball playoffs start.

·
Legend
102 Posts
I disagree that Sports is not family programming. How many people remember watching baseball or football with their dads or grandparents, whatever, I think sports is the ultimate family programming because it appeals to kids and adults alike. I don't watch nick jr with my kids, so that is children's programming not family. I see why D* doesnt include ESPN in the family package though because a great many subscribers pick the cheapest package that has ESPN, which is why ESPN has the clout that it does.

·
Legend
102 Posts
EMoMoney said:
I can't speak for others, but in our household, my wife prefers the major networks, I like having ESPN/ESPN2, and my daughter doesn't need anything more then what comes with the Family package. The Family package with the HD package was perfect for us as we didn't need 200 channels that we just don't watch. When D* decided to eliminate the HD package and go with HD access I we had to increase our base package by 66% just to keep ESPN/ESPN2.

My problem wasn't with the lack of channels with Family, but rather D* took something away from me and I had to pay an additional 66% to get it back. But yay, we have 200 channels we barely watch.
Thats exactly my same problem, except I decided paying 66% more for Wednesday and Sunday baseball and the occasional Sports Center wasn't worth it to me. When the playoffs start I will reconsider. I will definitely consider cable when my contract is up, at least I know ESPN is included on their cheapest package and my kids can watch all the shows they like OnDemand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.