Really? Well, I happen to have the FAMILY package so let me explain.Mertzen said:Yeah, unlike E*, D* doesn't have an HD only package. I really don't see the point of the family package.
1. Some people don't particularly like sports.*
2. Some people are retired living on a fixed income and can't afford pricey subscription TV packages or a high-definition television.*
3. Some people are extremely happy to get all their local channels crystal clear plus a goodly number of "cable" channels (National Geographic, Science Channel, Hallmark Channel, CNN Headline news, Food Channel, HGTV, etc.) without dealing with a cable company. (or their outrageous pricing)*
4. Some people really like DVR's, and especially like it when you can get THREE of them along with a nice programming package for less than $50/month including all taxes and fees.*
5. Some people think it's GREAT that every now and then they get to see the premium channels (and record the movies for viewing later) for a 3 or 4 day weekend for FREE.*
Got the point yet?