DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Mertzen said:
Yeah, unlike E*, D* doesn't have an HD only package. I really don't see the point of the family package.
Really? Well, I happen to have the FAMILY package so let me explain.

1. Some people don't particularly like sports.*

2. Some people are retired living on a fixed income and can't afford pricey subscription TV packages or a high-definition television.*

3. Some people are extremely happy to get all their local channels crystal clear plus a goodly number of "cable" channels (National Geographic, Science Channel, Hallmark Channel, CNN Headline news, Food Channel, HGTV, etc.) without dealing with a cable company. (or their outrageous pricing)*

4. Some people really like DVR's, and especially like it when you can get THREE of them along with a nice programming package for less than $50/month including all taxes and fees.*

5. Some people think it's GREAT that every now and then they get to see the premium channels (and record the movies for viewing later) for a 3 or 4 day weekend for FREE.*

* ME!

Got the point yet?

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
and yet you live in cheesehead land....brett favre would be verklempt.
That's why I like my DVR's. I relabeled my "skip" button the "sports" button. Perfect during newscasts and football season!! :D

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
heisman said:
I don't understand why anyone would have the family package when you can get a full channel package in preferred choice for $3 more.
The cost of the next package upgrade is not $3. It is the CHOICE package which is almost DOUBLE the cost of the FAMILY package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.