DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
ohiosnowman said:
Question:

If you were to order just the Family package 29.95 along with the HD Access for 9.95 would you get all the HD channels like ESPNHD, ESPNEWSHD, etc. even if the SD channel wasn't in the Family Package? Or would you only get the HD channels that are in the Family Package lineup?
you would get only the channels that are in the family package

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
purtman said:
Unfortunately, they won't allow it. I just tried to do it, but I was told they are both base packages, and you can't combine them. I guess the only way to do it is if you had two separate accounts.
what??? Family is a base package but HD access is an add on now.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Mertzen said:
Yeah, unlike E*, D* doesn't have an HD only package. I really don't see the point of the family package.
for people who got Directv to serve as a babysitter for their rugrats.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
heisman said:
I don't understand why anyone would have the family package when you can get a full channel package in preferred choice for $3 more.
preferred choice is a package available only to international customers. so you cannot get it unless you have something like korean or chinese or greek programming as well

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
heisman said:
I pay $53 a month for preferred choice, hd access, and hd dvr service. I think it would be $46 for family package with the same add ons. So, $7 more than family but with a full fledged channel lineup.
is your account an MDU?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
EMoMoney said:
Perhaps they should change the name then. I've seen cartoons on Nick that are less "family friendly" than what they show on ABC F.
NickToons is also NOT Family Friendly

and in my opinion, neither is Iron Chef America

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
yes its called the spaghetti dish. :lol:
years ago the BBC ran a feature news report about the spaghetti harvest in Italy, and about how people had to work from sun up to sun down when the spaghetti was ripe, they had images with spaghetti hanging from the trees, drying racks, and the whole works. tons of people believed them, no one ever checked the date

April 1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.