DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Icon
895 Posts
curt8403 said:
preferred choice is a package available only to international customers. so you cannot get it unless you have something like korean or chinese or greek programming as well
I pay $53 a month for preferred choice, hd access, and hd dvr service. I think it would be $46 for family package with the same add ons. So, $7 more than family but with a full fledged channel lineup.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
heisman said:
I pay $53 a month for preferred choice, hd access, and hd dvr service. I think it would be $46 for family package with the same add ons. So, $7 more than family but with a full fledged channel lineup.
is your account an MDU?

·
Godfather
260 Posts
I brought this up a long time ago and went round and round with D for months ono this issue. We were family subscribers and had the HD package before they changed it to HD Access. When they made the switch, we could keep the HD package under a grandfather clause but we didn't receive any of the new HD content that was being released. So we had to choose to just keep the old HD package or receive the new content. I finally found somebody to understand the point I was making in order to receive the new HD content for the family package and keep ESPN et al, we had to increase our base package by 60%. I am receiving some monthly credits, which will one day run out and I'll have to make another decision. I think the family subscribers got the raw end of the deal last fall.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
curt8403 said:
preferred choice is a package available only to international customers. so you cannot get it unless you have something like korean or chinese or greek programming as well
heisman said:
I just logged into my account and saw no option to change to the Preferred Choice package.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
EMoMoney said:
Perhaps they should change the name then. I've seen cartoons on Nick that are less "family friendly" than what they show on ABC F.
NickToons is also NOT Family Friendly

and in my opinion, neither is Iron Chef America

·
Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
Several posters in this thread have pointed out the flaw in their and Directv's thinking. Directv created it to compete with Dish offering of family-friendly programming and to capture the low monthly payment minded customer. Some customers get it to save money, others to be cheap then complain about channels that are not in the package(that shouldnt be in a family friendly package in the 1st place). Dedicated sports channels do not belong in a package geared for children viewing due the violence in sports...

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.