DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast channel surfing with 0x10B

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  bret4 
bret4 said:
Yes, but even with native on you can bang right through a number of channels until it needs to change modes. I can also now just change channels as fast as I can push the button on the remote, then once in a while it stops for about 2 - 3 secs to change from say 480i to 1080i. Many times better than it was.:D

Over all I have to say that so far it seems much more stable than it was in 0x108. Time will tell. Have to see what happens as I do more testing. Bret
I've been working (in both FA and 10B level), testing channel speed in various modes. What I've found seems to show an error in the docs which leads to confusion in setup and using Native and Format. This all slows down channel change speed until corrected.

First, it appears that the instructions for TV Type "should" say to select the "highest" mode your TV can display (and only one option should be selectable). Then with a channel that displays your highest mode, set the Format to the view you want to see LOWER resolution modes (i.e. Pillar Box). Then you can safely select Native with almost no speed impact.

Channel change will be about 2 second if the mode is the same, about 3 if the mode needs to be changed between channels. Best of all, you don't need to mess with these settings anymore.

In my case, my Sony displays 1080i (or 1080p which D* doesn't provide). TV Type is 1080i, Format set to Pillar Box and Native is on. All channels show as the SHOULD be (for example, an image with is letterboxed within pillar boxed may be set to fill the screen with my Sony TV remote, but it's displayed correctly -- just not to my preference).

(Milominderbinder2, this is the update I've been trying to send you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.