DBSTalk Forum banner

Which Network Do You Think Dish Network Will Pick Up First?

• Fox Business Network

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mountain West Conference Sports Network

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Comcast SportsNet Northwest

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • American Life TV

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • FitTV

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • BET J (Formerly BET Jazz)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • CNN International

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 4 12.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Legend
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amongst the following networks, which one do you think Dish Network will add to their lineup first?

Fox Business Network

Mountain West Network

Comcast SportsNet Northwest

American Life TV

FitTV

BET J (Formerly BET Jazz)

CNN International

None of the above

·
Icon
651 Posts
The Mtn, CSN Northwest btoh rgeta optiosn
iwantthe msisng rpemiummvoi chaneland mtv digitals

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Fox Business Network: There is ongoing litigation between Dish and Fox over FNC placement. This might be part of the settlement.

Mountain West Network/The Mtn.: Comcast wants this on expanded basic or the equivalent.

Comcast SportsNet Northwest: This and The Mtn. are both Comcast. They need separate carriage agreements, though. Seems like the retrans consent bucks are too expensive for either Dish or DirecTV.

American Life TV: Eight years overdue, but I don't have many details. [New lead: Unification Church ownership problem?]

FitTV: Discovery Networks will want this come retrans consent. Cox carries this in digital likely to satisfy Discovery.

BET J (Formerly BET Jazz) : Might come if a settlement on Noggin/N (same owners) comes through or if retrans has to be negotiated. There would also be some MTV and CMT spinoffs too in the deal, probably. Cox carries these in digital.

CNN International: Don't count on it. Maybe if there needs to be a new agreement, but CNN wouldn't be that proactive as to get into a heated battle. They were once on Dish, but that was likely the CNNfn simulcast version.

·
Legend
233 Posts
Raymie said:
Fox Business Network: There is ongoing litigation between Dish and Fox over FNC placement. This might be part of the settlement.

Mountain West Network/The Mtn.: Read CSN NW.

Comcast SportsNet Northwest: This and The Mtn. are both Comcast. They need separate carriage agreements, though.

American Life TV: Eight years overdue, but I don't have many details.

FitTV: Discovery Networks will want this come retrans consent. Cox carries this in digital likely to satisfy Discovery.

BET J (Formerly BET Jazz) : Might come if a settlement on Noggin/N (same owners) comes through or if retrans has to be negotiated. There would also be some MTV and CMT spinoffs too in the deal, probably. Cox carries these in digital.

CNN International: Don't count on it. Maybe if there needs to be a new agreement, but CNN wouldn't be that proactive as to get into a heated battle.
DISH Network had CNN International YEARS ago and dropped it. Doubt it will come back.

·
Legend
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Raymie said:

Mountain West Network/The Mtn.: Read CSN NW.

Comcast SportsNet Northwest: This and The Mtn. are both Comcast. They need separate carriage agreements, though.

American Life TV: Eight years overdue, but I don't have many details.

CNN International: Don't count on it. Maybe if there needs to be a new agreement, but CNN wouldn't be that proactive as to get into a heated battle.
One reason that ALTV may have had trouble gaining affiliation deals with cable and satellite systems is that it is owned by a unit of the Unification Church.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Mr-Rick said:
DISH Network had CNN International YEARS ago and dropped it. Doubt it will come back.
Yes and no. The channel that Dish had was CNN Financial. During the weekends and late nights CNN Financial would simulcast CNN International as filler programming which was not available as a 24/7 feed in the US. When CNN FN went dark years ago, a full time feed of CNN IN was made available but never picked up by E*.

·
Super Moderator
53,496 Posts
Which is likely or which do you want? :)

If DISH ever settles their spat with Fox then I'd expect Fox Business news.
I don't believe there is a spat involving CNN International ... they just didn't add it.
The rest .. perhaps. There is some pressure on some of those channels.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
angiecopus said:
i wish for American life tv, with more classic shows that tvland used to carry. i would be watching it every day.
TV One has old Afro American programming.. That would be a good choice.

·
Legend
142 Posts
CNN International is the best of all the channels in the poll and it seems like something a satellite network should provide. They are much better than the "dumbed-down" CNN-domestic channel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.