DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't belive they can't do any better than Feb 10th for my area for an install of a HR20. What a disgrace.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What's wrong with February 10th....
It is one of the few days of the year I look forward too...

:D

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Sixto said:
Just go in the DirecTV website ... "my account", then "view orders", then click on reschedule.

I was able to move my order up 4 weeks.
I did the same thing yesterday. Called to order my second HR20, and they scheduled me for January 12. I went online, and it's now re-scheduled for this Friday!

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Hi all,

Just got through the retention roulette game yesterday, acquiring a commitment for the HR20 and an install date of Feb 7th.

I've read several times on this forum about going online and changing/rescheduling this installation date to something sooner, but I cannot get this to work.

When I click on "reschedule", I get the following message:

We're sorry, but we had difficulty processing your last action. Please try again or call us at 1-888-777-2454.
Please call 1-888-777-2454 for further assistance.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm in CT btw.

Thanks in advance.

·
Icon
692 Posts
Sixto said:
Just go in the DirecTV website ... "my account", then "view orders", then click on reschedule.

I was able to move my order up 4 weeks.
I moved mine up a few days and they never showed up. I even called to confirm with both Directv and my local installers.

·
Icon
692 Posts
BluewookieJim said:
Hi all,

Just got through the retention roulette game yesterday, acquiring a commitment for the HR20 and an install date of Feb 7th.

I've read several times on this forum about going online and changing/rescheduling this installation date to something sooner, but I cannot get this to work.

When I click on "reschedule", I get the following message:

We're sorry, but we had difficulty processing your last action. Please try again or call us at 1-888-777-2454.
Please call 1-888-777-2454 for further assistance.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm in CT btw.

Thanks in advance.
I got that message also. Just keep trying to reschedule it.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
markrubi said:
I moved mine up a few days and they never showed up. I even called to confirm with both Directv and my local installers.
Sounds like a poor excuse for an installer.

This worked great for me, twice on two different occassions.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Worked great for me.

I have even had a tech support person on the phone at 11:30 at night and she scheduled a tech for 8-12 the next morning.

He showed right on time, I was amazed. Granted he did not have a replacement HR20 but that is another story....

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Doesn't matter when it is because the HR-20 is a piece of crap!! I am letting try to fix mine one more time, then they can have this piece of crap back. I expect a receiver to work without problems out of the box. I have read thousands of posts about how bad this machine is, and all of my friends have been disappointed with it.

·
Mentor
37 Posts
markrubi said:
I got that message also. Just keep trying to reschedule it.
Is it possible that rescheduling online isn't available in my area (CT), because I've been hammering away at the D* site trying to reschedule all week, and never get anything except the message I quoted above.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,434 Posts
BluewookieJim said:
Is it possible that rescheduling online isn't available in my area (CT), because I've been hammering away at the D* site trying to reschedule all week, and never get anything except the message I quoted above.
Quite possibly a scenario where all of the local installs are subcontracted.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
I'd call D*TV back and tell them that it shouldn't take so long to see what they'll do to address it.

Earl Bonovich said:
What's wrong with February 10th....
It is one of the few days of the year I look forward too...

:D
Birthday or Anniversary?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.