1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the kids of today
----------------------------------------------

1. They have never heard of "We are the World, we are the Children..."

2. And the "Uptown Girl" they know is by Westlife not Billy Joel.

3. For them, there have always been only one Germany and only one Vietnam.

4. AIDS exists since they were born.

5. CD exists since they were born.

6. Michael Jackson is already whitened.

7. John Travolta is always round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance.

8. They believe that Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are just new films out last year.

9. They can never imagine a black and white screen for a computer.

10. They never know Pac-Man.

11. They can't believe a black and white television ever existed and they don't even know how to switch on a TV without a remote control.

12. And they never understand how could we go out without a mobile phone
when we were in university...

Let's check if we're getting old...

1. You understand what was written above and you smile.

2. You need to sleep more, until afternoon, after a night out.

3. Your friends are getting married.

4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computer.

5. When you see teenagers with mobile phones, you shake your head.

6. You develop more and more feelings about your work. It's now your life.

7. You spend less and less time talking on phone with your friends daily.

8. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again and again all funny stories your experienced together.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Mark, dont mean to copy ya but heres some of my responces

No, but Ive heard of Youth of a Nation by P.O.D., perhaps the messege of the song is similar to the quote, depending on your POV

Billy Joel rocks!

unfortunatly

Personally I cant stand the guy.

7. John Travolta is always round in shape and they can't imagine how this fat guy could be a god of dance.

While I didnt like Greese, I do like many of his other films, Face/Off, Broken Arrow, Swordfish, General Daughter

8. They believe that Charlie's Angels and Mission Impossible are just new films out last year.

No, I seen the tv series before

YES :)

No late nights out, just late nights on the net

Not yet...

Actually I get a little jelous, I really really want a Sprint PCS phone with voice mail and caller ID. Theres a nice Motorola Sprint flip phone I saw in the mall last week thats internet ready and has a CID display on the front, the phone was only $175, but monthly costs would run $50/month, not bad for 3000 minutes of talk time, v-mail, caller ID and net access but not working everyday I would be hard to keep up with the payments

When I work, Yes! Get up at 4AM, goto work at 5AM, get home at 5PM, goto bed at 10PM. Not a fun life!

8. You meet your friends from time to time, talking about the good old days, repeating again and again all funny stories your experienced together.

Yes, all the time! I love talking about fun times back in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, ect grade.Sometimes I wish I could relive those moments.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
sprint PCS, includes roaming and long distance, which is what I like. I have a buddy that live 10 miles from me but if I call him it will be a long distance call and it would be nice not to have to worry about roaming when on vacation. My mom has Tracfone, but I hate prepaid.

·
Icon
715 Posts

I know it. Even remember the commercial as a kid.

I think I know this song - I'm terrible with artists though.

3. For them, there have always been only one Germany and only one Vietnam.

Too young to remember the Vietnam war, but I too read it in social studies (What's that civics now?) class.

Yes, unfortunately!

5. CD exists since they were born.

What's a 45 is common at work with the younger folk? My grandmother has 78's. What's a record player is what I heard one person say once? :shrug:

This boy is sick! Needs help!

Grease (and China Syndrome) are my 2 favorite movies. Sorry Steve. Both came out in '78 when I was in the 3rd grade.

I remember Kate Jackson and so forth. Had a Farrah poster in the late 70's on my wall in my bedroom. :)

9. They can never imagine a black and white screen for a computer.

My dad had those where he worked and even myself learning from a Mac in high school.

10. They never know Pac-Man.

Still have my Atari 2600 with Miss Pac Man, too. :D Anyone for a game of Space Invaders?

11. They can't believe a black and white television ever existed and they don't even know how to switch on a TV without a remote control.

My 1st TV was B&W. 9" one. My parents had the Lets Make A Deal model color 25" TV that was huge and took up a 1/4 of the family room. 2 dials on it. One for VHF and one for UHF. Had to open the door to get to it and move the dial(s) around.

Shoot! Parents also had a frig where the freezer was on the bottom. You had to press this lever with your foot to open it. I remember when it busted and we couldn't get in the freezer. It was a brown one from the 60's and busted sometime in the early 80's. Took me weeks to get used to a freezer on the top when they got a new one.

12. And they never understand how could we go out without a mobile phone when we were in university...

Used pay phones for what else......MONNNNNEY! HAHAHAHA
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep! Crying might be an option? :)

:D

Uh, huh!

4. You are always surprised to see small children playing comfortably with computer.

Yes!

They are so lucky! I had/have my Atari 2600.

Ain't that the truth! Espcially when you are a supervisor/manager. You have to care or at least show it!!!

I e-mail them instead.

Correct!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.