DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If everything goes to plan then some HD locals are coming your way.

Charleston, SC
Norfolk, VA
Springfield / Holyoke, MA
Savannah, GA

Also it appears that Louisville will pick up an additional HD station tomorrow. One of the Vermont stations may be flipping to HD as well, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Remember, because a market launches in HD doesn't mean every station is available. Sometimes agreements aren't concluded with the station and D*.

Enjoy Fesitivus

· Premium Member
2,324 Posts
Here you go................................:)

Pretty reliable info i would suspect;)

Satelliteracer said:

Charleston, SC
Norfolk, VA
Savannah, GA

Also it appears that Louisville will pick up an additional HD station tomorrow. One of the Vermont stations may be flipping to HD as well, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Remember, because a market launches in HD doesn't mean every station is available. Sometimes agreements aren't concluded with the station and D*.

Enjoy Fesitivus

· Legend
217 Posts
Satelliteracer said:
If everything goes to plan then some HD locals are coming your way.............. One of the Vermont stations may be flipping to HD as well, though I'm not 100% sure on that one....................Enjoy Fesitivus
per email from WCAX GM to me, D* will begin to carry WCAX in HD on 10/2. WCAX is the CBS affiliate in VT.

My post in your other Festive thread: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1815615&postcount=71

· Godfather
732 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Charleston, SC
Norfolk, VA
Savannah, GA

Enjoy Fesitivus
..un-freakin believeable. ..oh wait..there's a clause..:nono: .if they can nail the 3 major networks, I'll be happy.:)

Once the dust settles, who (DMA) do I pass the award ribbon for the 'Largest DMA with No local HD?

· AllStar
64 Posts
Looking at directv.com Savannah will be getting ABC,NBC and CBS. That's a little strange seeing that ABC and FOX have the same ownership and are in the same building. Either way it is very welcome news. Thank you satelliteracer for the heads up.

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Satelliteracer any news of when Cleveland's MYT might go HD on D*.

· Godfather
310 Posts
T minus 7 hours 40 minutes for Mid Atlantic Festivus!

:dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da:

· Godfather
436 Posts
keithtd said:
T minus 7 hours 40 minutes for Mid Atlantic Festivus!

:dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da: :dance07: :icon_da:
I wish I could wait around this morning to see if we actually get turned on today. I guess I will have to checkin from work this morning.

· Godfather
277 Posts
Satelliteracer said:

Charleston, SC
Norfolk, VA
Savannah, GA

Enjoy Fesitivus
Congratulations Charleston and Savannah folks!

Now Columbia is truly surrounded by the light....and remains the SD black hole we all knew it was. :)

I gotta move back to Clemson.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Congrats to all that are getting HD locals and SD locals. In WV Directv and DishNetwork has not done a damn thing for this state. Rural areas can't even get signals from a rooftop antenna because of deep valleys and tall mountains and I am asking all customers in this state to drop both satellite companies and go back to Suddenlink where you can get a package deal for programing, internet, and phone service and tell these two companies how we feel. Very, very pissed off.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.