DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...may have been posted, but I FFW through a recorded progam then hit stop and it goes about 30-45 seconds farther. Not sure on the true time, but I have to hit the 7 sec rewind several times to get back. This was not happening before the recent updates....that I am aware of. I am also noticing the new pixelation on the ffw and RW that Earl say D* is aware of. Just wondering if anyone else has notice the FFW issue? The earlier updates where not an issue. Hit the play button and it stopped within one 7 second click back.

Thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
When this occurs... is the screen "looping" on the same frame...

·
Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
When this occurs... is the screen "looping" on the same frame...
Earl -

Not sure what you mean. For example...watching Boston Legal recording we ffw until the builiding appeared after the commercial. Hit play at that time and usually it will just require a 7 second return...this time it went at least 45 seconds into the program. I did not see any loops (duplicate) program, but cannot say for sure.

·
Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same thing with The biggest loser which recorded tonight. I hit play after fast forwarding and it actually jumped ahead nearly 2 minutes...no joke (hit 7 sec rewind button 16 times). This new update is terrible and has reversed many items. I can no longer FFW through commercials and stop. My mpeg4 recordings are far worse and the standard recordings on the local channels are skipping, stopping, no audio etc...

Wow...not good D*

This is getting to the point of quitting since we are having to many issues with out favorite recordings.

·
Legend
144 Posts
I'm not fond of the FF myself, having been really used to the excellent DirecTivo where I would FF and when you stopped it would go back 2-3 seconds to allow for a slight reflex delay. Here, when I stop it goes FORWARD a few instead of back. Drat.

·
Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uteotw said:
I'm not fond of the FF myself, having been really used to the excellent DirecTivo where I would FF and when you stopped it would go back 2-3 seconds to allow for a slight reflex delay. Here, when I stop it goes FORWARD a few instead of back. Drat.
I agree, but after the new update it is not just a few seconds for me. It continues on for about 2 minutes. I believe this to be mainly with FFW 3x speed but cannot confirm.

·
Godfather
318 Posts
mjs31 said:
I agree, but after the new update it is not just a few seconds for me. It continues on for about 2 minutes. I believe this to be mainly with FFW 3x speed but cannot confirm.
Same thing here. On several occasions last night I would have to hit the replay button as many as 20 times to get back to the spot where the commercials ended.

·
Legend
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One update...watched another recorded show from a 265 or so channel and the FFW worked just fine. All of my FFW issue have occured on the locals. Not both were shot in HD, but both were on the HD broadcasting channel(meaning...D* lists the SD and HD of each...both were on the HD channel). The issues are also on different networks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.