DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is fighting allowed in hockey but in no other professional sport (okay, minus boxing and amateur wrestling)? But I'm curious as to why the referees just stand there and let the guys scrap it out, meanwhile if there's a fight in any other major league, the players involved are suspended for multiple games......

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fighting is penalized in hockey the same as it would be in any other sport, just not as harshly. The real question is why take it out? It has been a part of the game for a long time and it has been on the decline as of late anyway, so why are people starting to criticize it all of a sudden. I don't mind hockey in fighting, I think it prevents a lot of the cheap shots in the game that we are now seeing more of since they took out the instigator rule. I would rather have a fight then a guy out with a broken ankle from a slash that, knowing the NHL, would probably go unsuspended.

Hockey is a game won and lost on emotion. At times emotion comes to a head and fights breakout.

It is also one of those sports where players can cause a lot more damage with their sticks and play then with fighting. Fighting is preferable then stickwork and dirty hits.

Think about it. Would you rather duke it out, or take a piece of lumber in the face?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.